Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experience replacing standard shield with a higher touring type windshield on an SS, like No Gravity or others (mine is a 96 SS/CR) or is this considered sacrilege?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have a Zero Gravity double bubble on my 2002 900SS and it made a significant difference in the buffeting of wind on my helmet. Personally, I think that it looks nice too. Do what you have to do to make your ride more comfortable. It's not sacrilege at all.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Well, thank you. And I meant to say Zero Gravity. Too early in the morning over here...
Haha. I didn't even read that you said "No Gravity." I just read "Zero" in my head. I guess it's too early here as well.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I also have a “Zero Gravity” windshield, and I find that if I sit up as tall as I can in the seat the wind noise is considerably lower than where I have to sit comfortably. So I’m thinking it makes a huge difference on your height, I’m 5'7".

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the Zero Gravity touring model on my SS. I think it's basically a double bubble with out the bubble. It does have quite an upward swoop at the end. Visually compared to the stock it looks great. A subtle difference, but it is there. As for the wind, it is amazing how much it redirects it. On the highway I feel almost nothing. I used to have to tuck in with the oem shield, now I can sit up and look around. When I look back to make a lane change I don't get whiplash anymore trying to turn my head around. Definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,

I am looking to get a new windshild aswell. Getting crazy with all the wind noise!
Here in Europe Zero Gravity is difficult to get... I can get a ERMAX, any experience?

Will a higher shield decrease wind noise?

Regards!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,

I am looking to get a new windshild aswell. Getting crazy with all the wind noise!
Here in Europe Zero Gravity is difficult to get... I can get a ERMAX, any experience?

Will a higher shield decrease wind noise?

Regards!
Nobody?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the Zero-Gravity double bubble on my '99 900SS and I love it. Looks great, and made a real difference in ride comfort/wind noise/etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts