Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this info that the Ducati touring seat increased the seat height on the Monster 696/1100.

I wonder if that is true and if the increase is significant or not. Tall rider thanks you in advance.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Before the comfy seat I could easily stand up on the ground and be at least 2 inches on the seat. Now on the comfy one I can still stand up probably with about an inch of wiggle room. If you are on the taller side, you will not notice the height difference, only the comfort!:D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 inch is a lot and would give plenty much more room for my legs, trust me. A seat height of 32.9 inches (31.9 standard) on the M1100 would be great, but I really doubt it goes that high with the touring seat.

There's a low seat option available to reduce the seat height by approx. 20mm (0.79 inches). Why not a high seat option? There are tall riders out there too!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Why not a high seat option? There are tall riders out there too!
It's more about image, eventually you'll have this giant black brick on the seat and it won't look that good.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's more about image, eventually you'll have this giant black brick on the seat and it won't look that good.
Giant black brick? I'm only hoping for a 20mm/0.79 inches higher seat... If nicely shaped, it won't affect the image at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts