Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Touring recomendations?

1947 Views 16 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  jpuck91
I fixed my 06' 800ss and started riding it again... I woodcraft clipons with spider grips and they make a my wrist hurt and I really want to ride this bike cross states. I know changing the seat is in on the TODO list as well as the 30mm slave clutch cylinder.

Any suggestions for improving the commuting/touring comfort level? Any experiences on touring on this bike or similar 99+ ss?

Thanks!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
I've been using a CrampBuster for the last few long trips I've taken on the bike (1300+ miles each). While they aren't a true cruise control, they are nice since it takes minimal pressure to maintain a throttle position. Last trip, which was a couple weeks ago, I actually forgot it at home, managed to find one at a Honda shop in British Columbia though. Personally I prefer these to a cruise-control type of thing (i.e. set screw or Throttlemeister) since I don't want to have the throttle pinned open in case any incidents happen.

· Registered
186 Posts
That makes sense. At least one of my riding buddies using a Throttlemeister and loves it too. On really long stretches of freeway there are times where I definitely envy the ability to just leave the hands entirely off the bar for a while!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.