Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I rode my DB5R from Portland down to Monterey. My friend with his BMW K1200RS and I did a little over 1700 miles over a week, with 2 nights in Monterey. While I formerly would do this many miles in 2 days, my friend and I had a few issues, he had just torn a tendon in his shoulder and my degenerated disc disease was acting up, so we opted for a leisurely tour this time!
The way down was mostly on the coast with a very nice ride on highway 1 from Leggett to Ft. Bragg. I encountered 2 cars which both pulled over to let me by, clean dry pavement the whole way.
What a magical machine! I have never experienced a curvy road like this before. The machine is telepathic in the way it eats corners.
Even freeway riding is amazing, congested bits in Cali are a doddle with the narrowness of this thing, and it really encourages naughty behavior. At around 4k rpm the engine is really smooth and it gets over 50 mpg!

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Yeah, this is a nice road. Sorry you didn't make it down past Monterey towards San Louis Obisbo, etc. Great roads when there is no traffic!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts