Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used touch screen glove stickers? These are self-adhesive pads that you put on the finger of your glove to make them touch screen compatible. I'm wondering how well they work. There's also a liquid version. Is that better? Worse?

My gloves are hit-and-miss when it comes to using my phone on the bike. I can voice command most things, but sometimes you need to use your hands.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I tried them. They worked great for about two weeks. One started peeling off halfway, wouldn't activate the screen (of course the one on my left thumb, that I really needed).
But when I pulled it all the way off, the remaining half left sticky residue still tacky 8 months later.

I bought conductive thread off Amazon and stitched a conductive patch on my left thumb and forefinger. Works great.
If you do that, understand that you need a tail of thread inside the glove to make solid contact with your finger to conduct your skin conductivity to the screen.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I bought the liquid stuff. It doesn’t work that great (at least for me). A conductive patch is the better option, with thread.

·
Super Moderator
4,955 Posts
Has anyone used touch screen glove stickers? These are self-adhesive pads that you put on the finger of your glove to make them touch screen compatible. I'm wondering how well they work. There's also a liquid version. Is that better? Worse?

My gloves are hit-and-miss when it comes to using my phone on the bike. I can voice command most things, but sometimes you need to use your hands.
What did we talk about Erik? .... No texting and riding!

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, this doesn't sound promising. I guess I can give it a try and see. I really don't want to sew a patch of conductive thread on my $100+ gloves. Nor do I want leftover sticky residue. Hmm. :cautious:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I’ve been using a sticker I bought on Amazon for about a month now, works fine so far. Paid like $10 for them.

·
Administrator
12,297 Posts
No personal experience but I have heard the thread works pretty good:

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Your worried about gloves not working the touch screen, I can't get my fingerprint recognised half the time.
Had all manner of touch screen gloves on bicycles for a few years to work the Garmin cut the tip off was the only one that worked.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Rather than the whole tip, I turned my glove inside out, snipped a 1/4" circle out and then basted the surrounding area with electrical tape paint - rubber paint but thick. Once dried I turned the glove right side out and put a circle of the same stuff around the hole. Touch up maybe twice before the gloves wear out somewhere else. Works great.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I’ve used the stickers and they are crap. Like previously posted after several rides start to move/peel away and leaves sticky residue.

I sewed conductive thread into a pair of gloves and it’s 50/50 if I get it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts