Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Superb. Just wanted to call my dealer for a date for the 1st service and he replied:'I tried to contact you for a week now. Do not drive with your SF any more. We will pick the bike up. Serious fork problem'.

Thanks Ohlins.

I hope I will at least get the other inspection done for free.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Australian delivery of the SFS has been put back because of the recall. Not sure if they will release the non-S version first now.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yep,I went to a Ducati open day in the Brecon Beacons on Sunday.:cool:
The sales rep,Steve,who sold the bike to me asked me WTF I was doing riding my SF !!:eek:

Of course I replied.

Just having fun.:D

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
You can see how different things are in Europe, here in the USA with some luck the dealer calls you and tells you to bring the bike over to get it inspected.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The responsiveness of the dealers here in the US is a direct result of the litigious nature of the business world here. In my opinion.
While there are many down sides to the whole "law suit" mentality here, at least it forces people to do the right thing in some circumstances, such as this.

·
Registered
736 Posts
The base model is unaffected as it is the Ohlins fork that doesn't fit properly. I can go to my dealer and drool, but he won't let me take it or ride it. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
The fule lines have a sticker with a date code, depending on the code it falls under it or not- mine did fall under it.
On the forks the dealer has an email from DNA with detailed pictures, they are looking for some very fine lines on the inside of the fork tube, the part where the axle slides in.
It's not easy to see, if the line in the casting is like a half moon it's ok, if it's like an x then it's not ok- mine did fall under the recall on the fork also.

DNA is replacing the complete right fork, not just the fork leg.

·
Bon Vivant
11,021 Posts
from DNA with detailed pictures, they are looking for some very fine lines on the inside of the fork tube, the part where the axle slides in.
It's not easy to see, if the line in the casting is like a half moon it's ok, if it's like an x then it's not ok-
This worries me a little, the tech told me he was looking for some hair-line fractures...

any chance of getting hold of these "detailed pictures"?

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
That's what they are, hair line cracks but they have one confirming and once non confirming picture, one has a line like a half moon and the other one ( falling under the recall) is like an x, like to half moons crossing into each other. Seems they drilled the hols that clamp the axle together ( the two bolts) to deep on some forks.

I had my forks in my hand and had to hold them up against the light and move them around to be able to see it right, if I would have know what to look for I would have never found it.

I don't have a copy of the recall notification and don't think I can get one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mate, are you serious? I've been waiting for 2 months now. They said by the end of June or early July..

No one seems to know anything...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts