Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
7,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since torque specs enquiries for *common* fasteners like axle nuts are made regularly, I felt a new sticky would be helpful. But since I only have the GDSM for a 2005 ST3, that's all I could enter. I will be locking it, and encourage anybody who feels he/she wants to add a ST3 torque spec to pm me and I will add it. Also, for those who have ST2 and ST4 and ST4s torque specs that differ from the ST3 specs above, and want to see them added, please pm them to me and I will add those as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm looking for the torque settings for the two brake mounting screws and they are not on the list?????

·
7,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking for the torque settings for the two brake mounting screws and they are not on the list?????
I substituted the word "bolt" for "screw" anytime screw appeared in the service manual, to keep the language consistent. I think you'd agree, that's not a machine screw being used there.

"Front brake caliper bolt: 43* (Grease B)"

That is the caliper mounting bolt afaik, not the caliper bridge bolt. IIRC, 43 Nm converts to about 30 lbs-ft torque which would be right.

·
Mr Leakered
8,837 Posts
No problem. ducatiwiki has given me many hints. I think someone on this forum help maintain the site.

You will see standard wheel bearing equivalents on there somewhere when it becomes necessary.

Also, I managed to find the old ST2/ST4 FAQ in a PDF file. If you'd like that, please lemme know.

Thinking of it, Stick should post up his Bosch temp sender part numbers on there. ;)

Have a good one.

·
7,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem. ducatiwiki has given me many hints. I think someone on this forum help maintain the site.

You will see standard wheel bearing equivalents on there somewhere when it becomes necessary.

Also, I managed to find the old ST2/ST4 FAQ in a PDF file. If you'd like that, please lemme know.

Thinking of it, Stick should post up his Bosch temp sender part numbers on there. ;)

Have a good one.
All good ideas, though I feel they exceed the original concept which was a quick torque spec reference rescource due to ongoing requests. Probably best not to turn it to a mini ST "hall of wisdom" at this point. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts