Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking for the correct torque values for the three bolts that hold the OEM rear sets in place i.e. the two bolts that go into the block and the 24mm one.

Thanks

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
You have not had any responses, so I will from the various service manuals i have.

For these fasteners (M8 x 1.25) doing the job they are supposed to do, the torque ranges from 23 to 26 nM with Loctite for security/safety.

M8 x 1.25 in other places have a much lower torque as they are not holding things on tight.

Maybe a simple approach, but I just tighten those "critical" fasteners up quite tight bearing in mind the material they are going into and not wishing to strip threads.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thank you for the info!

I guess the 24mm aluminium screw is just supposed to be "tight"?
The workshop manual says to torque everything according to the torque specs, but obviously these specs are not in the workshop manual - go figure. #3 is the one I'm referring to.

Attachments

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
The attachment is from a S2R 2006 workshop manual.

The asterix "is dynamic safety-critical point; tightening torque tolerance within Nm ± 5%."

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big thanks for this - I actually came to the 55Nm torque value by unscrewing the bolt with a torque wrench. Clicked at 55Nm, and turned at 60Nm, so It's confirmed. Finally, I can get the rearsets mounted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts