Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1,2,3,4 th gear seems to be very good on power delivery ,can reach easy 8500 rpm
5th gear can t reach top rpm (185 kph)
6 th gear can t reach more than 7200 rpm (195kph)

Valve clearance has been done,fuel filter change ,air filter clean,good compression .
really don t understand how can i fix the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is why changing your gear ratios is a good idea. Put a 14t sprocket in the front and you will suddenly be able to use all gears effectively. Added bonus - taking off in 1st is easier.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
jbcaddy said:
one of my co-workers is convinced that his Gixxer 1000 can go 205mph, cause that is red line in high gear. just not going to happen
You serious! My VW GTI speedo goes to 180 MPH, I though for sure it should do 180 MPH ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
you'll top out at about 140, just be happy with it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
idreamt said:
I was wondering how fast she'd go. Thanks for letting me know. I've approached 130 and let off (w/ Remus cans). Good to know there's another 10mph left.

Damn. Now I'll have to figure out a way to sneak a 1098 into the garage (without the warden finding out). Mmmmmm.

Or, I could lose another 10# and then she'd go 10 faster, right? ;)

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
idreamt said:
Hmm, last week riding, my buddy maxed out his highly blinged multi at 128 on the speedo...guess that's around 115 actual...or so.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Our 2003 1000DS shows 142mph on the speedo, the 2005 shows 139mph. That's after a few miles of being held wide open and had stopped accelerating. Our 900SS stays with them to 60mph after which the SS pulls away considerably, the benefits of a full fairing and clip ons I guess. Our 1000SS does the same to the 900 LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
A guy on the Multistrada forum showed a photo with 133mph on his GPS screen.
Of course that could be down hill. :)

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Say, IIRC that model engine has some problems with exhaust valve guides. Something about them wearing out in about 3k due to a bad composition from the factory. The valves were actually wobbling in a friend of mines after just 3800 miles with about 2mm of play. May be worth checking in to.

·
Registered
72 Posts
jbcaddy said:
I could save 15 lbs. on my multi with a new exhaust. or I could go on a serious diet and exercise program and loose 35 or so and gain both top speed and acceleration. not to mention saving the moola a new system will cost.
maybe if i get a new speedometer my bike will go faster
Sounds to me that you've figured out a way to save 50 lbs!

·
Registered
18 Posts
mad said:
Hmm, last week riding, my buddy maxed out his highly blinged multi at 128 on the speedo...guess that's around 115 actual...or so.

I have a 14t front sprocket on mine, it will top out at 130, which is probably 120. When I had the stock 15t sprocket, I believe 143 was the most it ever registered.

Top end is not what the Multi is designed for. Eating tight twisty mountain roads is where it shines.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts