Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my '08 HYM 1100S last week and it has lots of nice mods that I am pretty happy about. One of them, though, is this plate on the back which seems to be for mounting a top case (as it has threaded holes in it and seems more substantial than just a package rack). Any ideas what this is and what kind of top case would go on it? I'm definitely interested in getting one as my magnetic tank bag doesn't work on the HYM.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
the DP rack is NOT all that substantial. :eek:

lots of owners have had these DP racks break the weldment points due to overloading the rack. and it does not seem to take a lot of weight to overload the rack, so please be careful. :cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha. Good tip! Thanks. I'll do a little forum search and see what top cases are working for everyone, but at least now I know I'm working with the DP rack. That's more info than I had!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just installed that rack myself

Rack is rated at a maximum 5kg load. Those holes must have been put there by the previous owner, doesn't come like that from the factory. The rack is designed to mount the Ducati soft bag on:
Soft bag for luggage rack - Ducati Hypermotard Accessories

Also discovered (in time to cancel the order for the pipe) that the rack is not compatible with the race exhaust. Dealer is trying to find out what the incompatibility is...

Alex

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rack is rated at a maximum 5kg load. Those holes must have been put there by the previous owner, doesn't come like that from the factory. The rack is designed to mount the Ducati soft bag on:
Soft bag for luggage rack - Ducati Hypermotard Accessories

Also discovered (in time to cancel the order for the pipe) that the rack is not compatible with the race exhaust. Dealer is trying to find out what the incompatibility is...

Alex
Alex, I've got the full Termi system (including race ECU) and mine fits fine. Here's a better picture of the can clearance.

I see some termi goodies on there! Congrats on the purchase!
Thanks! Yes, it's a full Termi system. Got lots of other bits including different pegs, DP Comfort seat, Galfer Wave rotors, extra CF bits (like the tank trim), CF foot rests after the pillion peg delete, SpeedyMoto pulleys, open clutch cover...There is a lot added to this beast. I'm still discovering all the little additions. Every time I look at it I find something else. The exhaust/ECU and the Galfer rotors seem to be the big ones.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Alex, I've got the full Termi system (including race ECU) and mine fits fine. Here's a better picture of the can clearance.
It's the 2 into 1 race exhaust that's the problem. You've got the Termi slip-ons.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've got the DP bag with the DP rack and I'm pretty happy with it, it doesnt hold a whole lot but its enough for a small trip and it expands when you want it too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Does anyone know if the DP rack will fit with the SC-project 2-1 silencer? I'll be installing the silencer next weekend.

I also ordered the "Termi signal light bracket" (96761308B), it was only 17 €.:eek:. But I think I don't have patience to wait for it to arrive so I'll be fabricating a temporary bracekt my self.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's the 2 into 1 race exhaust that's the problem. You've got the Termi slip-ons.
Ah, okay. We certainly aren't talking the same system. It's not just slip-ons, though...The exhaust came in two huge boxes and is a complete system, just not the system you are referring to. (I didn't realize the race exhaust was a 2 into 1.) It also has the third-step ECU that reads "HYM RACING EVO" on startup. Here's a better picture:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ah, okay. We certainly aren't talking the same system. It's not just slip-ons, though...The exhaust came in two huge boxes and is a complete system, just not the system you are referring to. (I didn't realize the race exhaust was a 2 into 1.) It also has the third-step ECU that reads "HYM RACING EVO" on startup. Here's a better picture:

Sweet - I've been trying to locate that Racing Manifold kit, but it's been discontinued. The way those show in the 2011 accessories catalogue, one kit includes the pipes from the heads to the muffler, a DP race ECU, and airbox cover. The Termi slip-on kit also has a DP ECU and airbox cover, so someone spent huge bucks if they had to buy both kits.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That's good info! And yes, the previous owner had QUITE the budget. He apparently was an accomplished former AMA rider who was retired and just did track days and tooled around. He traded this one for a Multistrada 1200. Wouldn't surprise me if he bought both kits.

Edit: And, come to think of it, there is an extra ECU in the box of parts that came with the bike. (!)

Sweet - I've been trying to locate that Racing Manifold kit, but it's been discontinued. The way those show in the 2011 accessories catalogue, one kit includes the pipes from the heads to the muffler, a DP race ECU, and airbox cover. The Termi slip-on kit also has a DP ECU and airbox cover, so someone spent huge bucks if they had to buy both kits.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Yep when I saw the price of the manifold kit, I said screw it. I already had the slip ons, got a deal on the Termi cat delete and bought a Spark servo eliminator pipe from Motowheels (about $100). I then had the whole thing ceramic coated semi gloss black. Took the can covers apart and had the tips along with other bike parts powder coated and was still less than the manifold kit. I guess it's the "poor" man's route to a full or half system depending on your perspective.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I currently use the DP soft bag going on 3 years. I just powder coated my rack. The finish was coming off in one area about 2" long and half an in wide. I just ordered a Kreiga US30(30L capacity) bag for a road trip up to Indy. We'll see how it test fits beforehand.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does anyone know if the DP rack will fit with the SC-project 2-1 silencer? I'll be installing the silencer next weekend.

I also ordered the "Termi signal light bracket" (96761308B), it was only 17 €.:eek:. But I think I don't have patience to wait for it to arrive so I'll be fabricating a temporary bracekt my self.
I don't see why it wouldn't. My Termi silencer sits in the same place. I made a rack myself out of steel from Lowes for $15. Works great and is very sturdy. It can hold at least the weight of a 12 pack plus a few small things. Also, the Givi mount will hold a few different size top boxes.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts