Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a top box w/backrest for my st4s when i drag the woman out ,i havent found anything for this bike ive emailed givi and fandango (i think thats who it is :think: )no one has returned my mail. Anyone have one or know were i can find one?? Thanks

·
Still needs a life.
12,611 Posts
Fandango is a candy and some outfit that sells movie tickets over the internet. Nonfango is the former maker of Ducati hard bags and the DP top trunk. Nonfango is out of business and these items were picked up by GIVI. There is a thread somewhere in this forum about the availability of GIVI top trunks for the ST's. I believe the bottom line is that GIVI has a deal with Ducati such that the DP top trunk is only available through Ducati and Ducati dealers.

·
Registered
588 Posts
True statement, Bill. Givi will not sell direct. I just ordered a top case for my ST3 through Section8Superbike. Nice bunch of folks and they will discount off of retail.

·
Still needs a life.
12,611 Posts
If you order one to install yourself, make sure the correct mounting brackets come with the trunk. My buddy Desmo Dan ordered one through a Ducati dealer, but it came with the wrong mounting brackets.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bought mine from Section 8 and everything fit up great. Just took several weeks to receive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought mine direct from Duc Dealer, that way it colour matches your bike. You can get accessories from a Givi Dealer. I just bought a brake light kit that lights up the four lights in the lid.

Cheers

·
Registered
98 Posts
mcd said:
True statement, Bill. Givi will not sell direct. I just ordered a top case for my ST3 through Section8Superbike. Nice bunch of folks and they will discount off of retail.
What is a ballpark price on the top case and required mounting bracket? I've dealt with Section8Superbike before and was pleased with their service.

[[[I'm thinking about adding this in the next month or two depending on cost...got to stay on budget!]]]

Thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
$476 is what I was quoted.
I have the older Nonfango rack and 52 liter bag similar to what Bill Anderson has I believe. The Givi produced bag look a little better in my opinion. I have read somewhere that the better looking Givi bags will fit the Nonfango base plate but have not tried it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
vincep said:
$476 is what I was quoted.
I have the older Nonfango rack and 52 liter bag similar to what Bill Anderson has I believe. The Givi produced bag look a little better in my opinion. I have read somewhere that the better looking Givi bags will fit the Nonfango base plate but have not tried it.
Thanks.

·
Still needs a life.
12,611 Posts
vincep said:
I have read somewhere that the better looking Givi bags will fit the Nonfango base plate but have not tried it.
I don't believe this is true. Fariborz tried this and he last saw his trunk flying off into the Santa Cruz Mts.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Bill_Anderson said:
I don't believe this is true. Fariborz tried this and he last saw his trunk flying off into the Santa Cruz Mts.
Let's be fair! The reason Fariborz trunk 'detached' itself is because the mounting plate broke. He was using an aluminum Givi mounting plate on the stock Ducati mounting frame. Problem is, the Givi plate only has 1 set of holes where you can bolt it to the frame. The stock plate has 2 holes. Fariborz just used 1 set of bolts to attach the plate and the stress finally caused the bolts to strip the mounting holes on the frame!

He has since said that if anyone wants to try the Givi plate on the Duc frame, they MUST drill the extra holes to fit the plate securely!

Having said all this, I believe the Nonfango cases do actually fit on the Givi mounting plates, but I can't be certain of that.

Bill, I'm awaiting delivery of the latest Givi top box for my ST. When we next meet up on a ride, you can try attaching your Nonfango case to my mounting plate and we'll see what happens. :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
FWIW check this

riddle2112 said:
Im looking for a top box w/backrest for my st4s when i drag the woman out ,i havent found anything for this bike ive emailed givi and fandango (i think thats who it is :think: )no one has returned my mail. Anyone have one or know were i can find one?? Thanks
Check this website. Maybe something there will fit. The price is right. I bought one for my Harley. It will do for the price. The top case may or may not fit two full-face helmets. My 2 Arai will not fit, but the dealer sent me an email pic showing two full-face helmets in the case. It's worth a try.

http://www.customcyclegear.com/

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mark,
Would be interested to see if you can mount your Givi on the Nonfango base if you get a chance.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I tried to fit a Givi topbox to my Ducati/Nonfango bracket and topplate assembly and had to conclude that the Givi did not fit the Nonfango baseplate. I tried it in the shop where they sell the Givi.
IMHO you need to buy the Givi with baseplate and fit the baseplate to the standard Ducati bracket.

·
Registered
116 Posts
riddle2112 said:
I bought the Ducati Performance "Kit". Matches perfectly and comes with brackets & all hardware. Its the best way to go. Cost is about $450.00

1 - 20 of 24 Posts