Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have purchased a second hand top box off eBay and after receiving it I am convinced a part of the locking mechanism is missing and I cannot fit my lock.

Unfortunately it didn't come with the fitting instructions and multiple searches on here and the Internet has resulted in bits of info and a broken link to a downloadable version of the fitting instructions. Is there anybody who has a copy of the fitting instructions they can post so I can confirm before contacting the seller? All I need is the lock fitting sections as I have the rack etc fitted.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all,

Further to this issue, i have identified the part I require, it is the plastic lock surround that fits into the keyway on the front of the top box. I have all other parts required.

Now i know the lock barrels are Ducati specific and longer than standard Givi locks but can anyone tell me if the lock surround is a generic Givi part?

I was told by the dealer today i would need to purchase a full pannier lock kit in order to source this single part for the princely sum of $180!

I am hoping it is a Givi part and i can order a replacement lock kit if necessary for a fraction of the price.

Any assistance is appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts