Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to adjust the rear shock of my '07 S2R with what I assume is called a spanner wrench ~ ? Can someone recommend a source for such a tool (hopefully an affordable one). And, would this same tool be used to adjust the chain tension of my single-sided swing arm?

Thanks,
C.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Race Tech has a nice shock collar tool that looks like a big flat-tip screwdriver, but won't booger up the collars. This type of tool works better than a C-spanner for loosening shock-spring collars. No, that type of tool will not work for adjusting the rear wheel eccentric

·
Registered
592 Posts
if its 2 rigns with notches. buy a big flat head screw driver, grind the end down, insert said blunt end in notch, tap with hammer to adjust.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if its 2 rigns with notches. buy a big flat head screw driver, grind the end down, insert said blunt end in notch, tap with hammer to adjust.
I tried this with a black Robertson screw driver, but the ring wouldn't budge. The ring started to mark as I applied more force, so I bailed on that. Last night I managed to find a double ended tool at a Honda dealer with 68mm and 87mm ends. I hope it will work.

Thanks guys.
C.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts