Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my 09 Hyper 1100S home today and did a close inspection of it.Love the bike! But the tool kit and it's location made me laugh.Someone in Bologna has a sense of humour.:D

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yeah, the rubber o-rings that hold it in are even funnier. Plan on finding another method of securing it as the o-rings break.

I used those plastic-cover wire ties that come with kids toys holding the product in the packaging.

Dave

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Yeah, the rubber o-rings that hold it in are even funnier. Plan on finding another method of securing it as the o-rings break.

I used those plastic-cover wire ties that come with kids toys holding the product in the packaging.

Dave
congrats on your bike... but, there's a tool kit? where?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
congrats on your bike... but, there's a tool kit? where?
Inside of the left fairing panel behind the forks.There are 3 1/4 turn push pins.It's attached to the inside of that panel.

·
Banned
71 Posts
wait until you actually have to get in there when your on the road, its a pain, my rings already broke too and its only 6 months old

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
wait until you actually have to get in there when your on the road, its a pain, my rings already broke too and its only 6 months old
That shitty tool kit is pretty worthless. The tools provided are not even up to Chinese quality standards. Better off putting together a small assortment of good tools like a mini T handle with sockets, folding allen wrenches, screw driver, pliers, tire plugs and some zip ties. On longer trips, a small air compressor can save the day too.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I replaced my Ducati tools with some that I found in my Erector Set from 1978buried in a dark closet in my parents basement. :abduct:

Out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts