Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the mist of building my own plate relocator and relocatind the signals in the vents today when I came across the tool kit I never knew I had. If I didn't gutt the whole tail I would have never known it was there!
Any of you guys were aware of it or it's just me?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
They handed me my tool kit when I took possesion of the bike...made in China junk, not quite what one would expect when buying a Ducati...

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
I was in the mist of building my own plate relocator and relocatind the signals in the vents today when I came across the tool kit I never knew I had. If I didn't gutt the whole tail I would have never known it was there!
Any of you guys were aware of it or it's just me?
yea,, also for future reference,, to get at the tool kit.. the easiest access is by pulling the seat. and reaching up into the tail

If you want to find the old post.. look for posts that Blackie started.

·
Registered
206 Posts
They handed me my tool kit when I took possesion of the bike...made in China junk, not quite what one would expect when buying a Ducati...
Oh totally what you'd expect buying a Ducati. Ducati tool kits are uniformly a joke. And the helmet lock is even funnier, especially when you see someone trying to sell it on eBay.

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,231 Posts
you can't get much stealthier than vent lights. Any issues fabbing up the brackets or working out the space in the tail? I look forward to seeing a snapshot of the finished deal. Very neat idea!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
you can't get much stealthier than vent lights. Any issues fabbing up the brackets or working out the space in the tail? I look forward to seeing a snapshot of the finished deal. Very neat idea!
I had a set on my 1098S and I loved the way they worked, the LED's are from a seller on Ebay that sell top notch super bright units. The right side bracket was a bit of a pain due to the electronics but other than that was no problem.
Cheers! and thanks!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Oh totally what you'd expect buying a Ducati. Ducati tool kits are uniformly a joke. And the helmet lock is even funnier, especially when you see someone trying to sell it on eBay.
The tool kits are total crap because Ducatis never brake down and if they do you couldn't fix it on the road side anyway. :D

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
The tool kits are total crap because Ducatis never brake down and if they do you couldn't fix it on the road side anyway. :D
I've managed to fix my Duc on the road side several time.. sometimes it was a wire.. sometimes it died and I couldn't tell you why but after about 5 minutes it would run again. once (because of an aftermarket billet cap) the tank was pulling a vacuum so the gas wasn't flowing to the motor (carbed bike).

I never used tools though.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here ya go Bill

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts