Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I had my local bike shop setup my initial suspension settings for me, he noted that after setting the sag, the rear rebound seemed a bit much. He didn't have a tool that would get through the hold in the swingarm without getting trapped.

Any idea where I buy the tool needed to adjust the rear shock rebound on my 848?

It looks like a rod with a ball hex end on it, no idea what size.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Were it me, I'd get a ball end allen wrench, cut the bent end off, and weld or braze it to an extension rod long enough to reach the adjuster.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Isn't there something in the tool kit?
The awesome tool kit includes a universal wrench for everything on the motorcycle, a 3mm allen wrench. A ball end allen wrench works better however.

My rebound is backed all the way out. I don't remember what my compression is set to now. Pre-load backed all the way out.

From 848 Workshop manual:

STANDARD setting:
from the fully closed position (turned fully clockwise), unscrew:
rebound adjuster (1): 2 turns;
compression adjuster (2): 2 turns;
spring preload: 20 mm.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought an extended 3mm ball end allen wrench with a screwdriver type handle from Snap-On. I think it's original purpose was to adjust a distributor on some type of car.

Dan Kyle mentioned it in a thread on another forum and I went out and bought one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can also get an extended ball end allen wrench that goes on a ratchet. It works great you just have to be very sensitive to the "clicks"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts