Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally took a test ride on an 08 Hyper Motard base model. It was as described by so many of you...FUN. I am seriously considering trading in my Sport 1000. The sales guy quoted me 11,200.00 I was hoping you guys could share your experience with me. Is this a fair price? Anything I should look for, or look out for?

Thanks in advance.

MRR

·
Registered
102 Posts
Try finding a used one - there are a lot of killer deals out there. The bike will NOT dissapoint!:D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Buy! I've had mine almost 2 years now and I love it more than any bike I've ever owned in the past 25 years.

Watch out for stalling with the stock ECU, locked up transmission and peeling engine paint. I had the stalling early on and got that fixed. Now I have the peeling engine paint... but I still love the bike.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
You can probably find a used S model for that price or less, and uhhhhh BUY IT!!! This bike is sooooo much fun!!

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
^ what "he" said :).....what I bought mine for a few months back, and with Termi slip-ons.

best success

·
Premium Member
12,385 Posts
I would have no reservations about buying used ...Trade in value, you don't have to mess with selling your Sport 1000... I think a set of exhaust and ECU should be almost mandatory for a strong running motor, so factor that in with the new bike , if used has them on Bonus . My way of thinking is if you are going to lay down your cash get what you want sos you are not wanting for more...How do you feel about the dealership are they accomidating? I would pick it up early in the day and if you have any issues they should fix you up right then and there (The dreaded Stalling issue) PITA if it happens to you .That is where I think (not sure)that the new ECU comes into play. Mine has never missed a beat , it had the termis and ECU etc on when I picked it up . Not trying to scare you ...The bike is a blast every ride Great Fun ...Can't think of a better way to enjoy your money . Base or S model ? I would have been happy with either , was able to go up to the S so I did , no regrets . Beware of trying to save a dime and spend dollars later....SO Yes Find the best deal for your liking and if your happy and the seller is happy thats a good deal...Good Luck!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would have to agree with the "buy used" recommendation. I personally didn't want used and purchased a new "S" model. I wanted the bike right away once I decided to buy it and I wanted black. If I were buying today I would buy used. I have had very few problems and I did purchase the Termi slip ons so I never had the stalling issue. You can always buy the evered Ducati warranty to extend the factory warranty and you will come out way ahead of buying a new bike. That being said, you CANNOT go wrong buying this bike. I find it comfortable and fun to ride. I would recommend the larger fuel tank that was made available by CA Cycleworks as the only remaining issue I have is fuel capacity.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

I forgot to add - I never test road the bike. I bought it first and never looked back.

Tom

·
Registered
662 Posts
Have to agree with the buy used folks. Before you lose a ton of money by trading in on the new one, post a trade ad in the classifieds and see what happens.

I was lucky and was able to trade my GT for a HMS owned by another member. We both got what we wanted and saved a crapload of money. You may not be so lucky but what have you got to lose? Give it a shot.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Finally took a test ride on an 08 Hyper Motard base model. It was as described by so many of you...FUN. I am seriously considering trading in my Sport 1000. The sales guy quoted me 11,200.00 I was hoping you guys could share your experience with me. Is this a fair price? Anything I should look for, or look out for?

Thanks in advance.

MRR

If money is not an issue I would go for the new one.

Unless you find a good deal from a person that you know well enough.

New vs. used is a very subjective topic.

Either way, the Hyper is an addictive motorcycle. You will never forget your first ride on it. It is the most entertaining bike I've ever had.

Good luck!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Either way, the Hyper is an addictive motorcycle. You will never forget your first ride on it. It is the most entertaining bike I've ever had.
QUOTE]

Agreed! Surprisingly fun and amazingly addictive. I never thought I would like this type of bike as I am a super/sport bike die hard...but I will have one after my next superbike acquisition!
It was a riot to ride. I wish I had one in the garage now. :cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I listened..and decided to go with the S. We are getting very close to an OTD price. I will let you know next week. Thanks for all the input.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts