Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the current state of my 06. Has about 6000 miles.
I did the wheels and exhaust with the help of the guys at Motowheels -great guys, and very helpful. Highly recommended.
I turned it from a red bike to a black bike, and then some small stuff. Woodcraft rearsets, clip-ons, powdercoated bits, brown grips (love), orange clutch plate and toe clutch cover. I really like the Woodcraft rearsets and clip-ons. I raced for a few years, and they just feel super solid and stiff. Not like the jewelery that can be found out there with a bunch of flex. Flex weirds me out.
Oh, also bought some S4R forks for the front because I wanted to be able to adjust preload and rebound... also great to have that little gold highlight up front the the fork coating.
Just some wheel commentary -the OZ mag wheels from Motowheels dropped unsprung weight by like 17lbs from stock. Massive massive difference in handling, and the were direct bolt-ons. Bike feels much more nimble and less like a BMW R100. No spacer issues, same stock calipers.. awesome value and good looks in my opinion. Good-bye heavy tubes and spokes. I like spokes on black rims, but who wants to clean em, and who wants the weight?.

I just took the stock tail/light assembly to a local welder and had a 4" section removed from the license plate up to the brake light. I also ditched the plastic fender. I don't like the LED/modern tail solutions, so I wanted to preserve the vintage look a little bit.. I like how it turned out, but still not 100% of what would be ideal. Looks nice overall I think, so I doubt I'll ever change it.
Anyway, numb fingers and toes aside, it was a nice little ride in San Francisco today. Nice to keep the fluids flowing, and the battery charged.. :)
Happy 2013 folks!

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Raoul and I met up yesterday at Reds and buzzed over to the Marina. I helped him spend some money.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice job on your bike fastdiablo, I love it!

Could you please take a shot of the horn relocation? Where/how do you mount/fix it? Only one horn, it`s loud enough?

Thanks, Michele

·
Registered
84 Posts
+1 on the tail mod and lights. Looks great. Hell, the entire bike is beautiful. Well done.

When I first got my SC, one of the first questions from a friend of mine was when was I going to change the turn signals/taillight. My response was... never.

No knock on the guys with fleeda and etc, those look nice too (especially on the extremely modded bikes IMHO). I just really like the looks of the stock signals and taillight, save for the giant fender (fortunately, mine came with the fender eliminator already installed).

I dont know why, the stock lighting just seems to really "fit" the bike the best.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Very nice bike! I have Zards on my black 2006 as well and it appears we are local!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice job on your bike fastdiablo, I love it!

Could you please take a shot of the horn relocation? Where/how do you mount/fix it? Only one horn, it`s loud enough?

Thanks, Michele
Michele,
The bike is back in the garage, under the cover and behind my suv, so I don't have easy access for a photo, but I do know that someone here has a detailed horn relocation/mod post somewhere if you search for it. It might be "aircooolednut" who has a whole tutorial page for a bunch common mods.

I find the single horn loud enough for when you need a car to nudge forward at a light or something, but I find the pipes a better option when I need to make someone aware of my presence. The Zards are pretty loud and burly sounding, so they work really well.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Numb fingers?!? It's been mid 50s during the day in the bay area all week! Granted it gets chilly at night, but in the day all I've been getting by with just a sweater under my jacket ;)

Just giving you a hard time, great looking bike!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey man, this is a crazy winter! Got all the way down to 48 degrees yesterday! brrrrr!!! :D
Numb fingers?!? It's been mid 50s during the day in the bay area all week! Granted it gets chilly at night, but in the day all I've been getting by with just a sweater under my jacket ;)

Just giving you a hard time, great looking bike!

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
+1...

No knock on the guys with fleeda and etc, those look nice too (especially on the extremely modded bikes IMHO). I just really like the looks of the stock signals and taillight, save for the giant fender (fortunately, mine came with the fender eliminator already installed).

I dont know why, the stock lighting just seems to really "fit" the bike the best.
I agree.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Looks great, fast diablo! So no mods required for the Oz wheels - just "plug & play"?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Looks great, fast diablo! So no mods required for the Oz wheels - just "plug & play"?
The OZ wheels as supplied by Motowheels come as a kit with all the spacers you need to use stock axle, rotors, and calipers. You do have to mount tires, though!;):rolleyes::D

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Hey man, this is a crazy winter! Got all the way down to 48 degrees yesterday! brrrrr!!! :D
Ha fine yea it has been a bit chilly of late. Hit me up if you come riding up in Marin, the roads are great up here!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts