Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took it off, replaced the bolts.

Much nicer looking!;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I here ya! I did not even leave the showroom with that stupid thing on!

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
I agree the MTS 1200 looks better without the splash guard, but I put mine back on until I can rely on more dry riding days! The splash guard really does cut down on the crap being flung up under the tail and top box (if you have one mounted). :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
I probably would have taken mine off, but then my sons bought one for me in CF as a gift. Who am I to refuse? I've since become accustomed to it, it's nice in CF and yes as per Turbo, it does keep a bit of the gunk off the bike.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I might think of taking mine off if I had a picture of it to see what it looks like off :p
L

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Looks very clean without it. But like Turbo said, your bike might not be if you ride in wet/mucky conditions.

Now the CF ones are very nice. Might have left it on if it was carbon.

......nah. :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mine came off with the first few minutes of ownership, much cleaner look without it, I think.

·
Registered
293 Posts
+1 more for the "don't like it but still use it" group. I put it back on this past fall b/c of the rain during the winter months. I'll probably just leave it since I've gotten used to it now.

My wife was following me in the rain last summer and thought it was funny that I was making a 15' tall rooster tail. She joked that I should ride in front of the tractor trailers to get revenge for all the crap they throw up on everyone else in the rain.

·
One Down, 8 to Go
159 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
took mine off too and put small hugger on. Looks fantastic especially with the MIVV Carbon pipe. Also for me, makes chain adjustment much easier as you have to pull the bloody thing off each time to adjust the chain! bloody engineers!

For super long touring trips I am putting the big hugger on, though splash fender thingy will add another 15-20 mins to chain adjustment... mmm probably leave it off as panniers and topbox and large hugger can contain much splash...

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
I left the mudguard on, and decided to put it to good use besides. I can't see it when I'm riding, but those behind me sure can! 3M reflective material...

Attachments

·
Beta Tester
1,957 Posts
mine was gone quickly, along with the stock exhaust and the engine bash plates (oil change inhibitors:))...........i know i know, prob not very sensible, but;

·
Registered
483 Posts
mine was gone quickly, along with the stock exhaust and the engine bash plates (oil change inhibitors:))...........i know i know, prob not very sensible, but;

Don't know if I like that. Looks its guts is hanging out.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
I put it back on this past fall b/c of the rain during the winter months.

My wife was following me in the rain last summer and thought it was funny that I was making a 15' tall rooster tail. She joked that I should ride in front of the tractor trailers to get revenge for all the crap they throw up on everyone else in the rain.

Oh YEAH ! I can hardly wait fot it to rain !!!
Hit the highway and get in front of some people , that deserve it!:D

Change to the small hugger too ...
Bought some small plastic plugs to fill the bolt holes to keep crap out and save the threads from crap.

Easy to put on and take off, so nice to have the option, Look at the Diavel and you can't get rid of theirs?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts