Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Your hardest job is the pushing back in the plungers, make sure you don't pinch the boot and coat them with vaseline, biodegradable and slippery enough to soften up the boot.
5 min., 10 if you never done it

·
Registered
117 Posts
Guard is about $25, yes light is swapped over to new one.
Seems I was wrong on this price, it's $75 at Ducati Omaha website, part number 4601c312aa, and they call it a knuckle guard. Mine was a 2014 so...sorry. It was a couple years ago at least that I replaced it.

The clutch lever, price $140 part number was 62610131A.

After breaking mine I bought a set of Barkbuster alu wrap arounds.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The signal light unit attaches with some f'n tiny screws. I can't remember if they're Torx or hex; whatever I thought they were at first, I was wrong. Replacing the lever isn't difficult; at least the brake side wasn't...that's the side mine took a nap on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No worries mate. I ended up ordering it from them. about a week out though...right now it is holding together with gorilla tape. :( the levers should be in next week, went with some shorties from Amazon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The signal light unit attaches with some f'n tiny screws. I can't remember if they're Torx or hex; whatever I thought they were at first, I was wrong. Replacing the lever isn't difficult; at least the brake side wasn't...that's the side mine took a nap on.

I've been meaning to buy a set of tools that would be needed for this. Do you have any recommendations?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sorry for the really late response.

I have a Craftsman set of small Torx drivers that I got when the local Sears store closed. They should still be available; I think that both Ace Hardware and Lowe's carry Craftsman tools now. That's so small, I would probably not trust the Harbor Freight version (if there is such a thing). HTH.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
... coat them with vaseline, biodegradable ...
Vaseline Petroleum Jelly? I didn't know anything made from ~petroleum~ was biodegradable ... news to me!

:grin2:

"Vaseline is a versatile fix-it solution, it is composed of unsustainable and unhealthy materials that are hazardous to the environment around it."

LINK = https://www.designlife-cycle.com/vaseline

:rolleyes:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts