Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bent Mountain and the Multi love each other. I had a bit of surprise however when my toe scraped.

Attachments

Reactions: avigil and wmfleet2

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
I wish the pegs could be adjusted up a bit... they're relatively easy to scrape on fun roads. I guess that's an indication of how well the bike handles in the twisties. I pretty quickly learned to pick my gear well before the corner and then move my feet back until my toes are ON the peg rather than hanging in front of it. That's a pretty stable position and avoids having your feet driven off the pegs by the road (scares the crap out of me when it happens). having a peg scrape isn't fun either but it's not as bad as a foot.

Reactions: avigil and RockingM

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Especially if your body position is less than ideal...
True... in my experience it's pretty easy to scrape using a traditional "Centered on the seat" posture. I'm sure it's even easier if you've got a "lean away from the ground" bad habit.

I don't street Rossi so can't speak to how hard it is to scrape a peg when you're elbow dragging. :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have beveled both foot pegs also, I looked for some aftermarket adjustable rear sets but no one makes any that I found. And I'm a toes on the pegs guy, so when I catch a peg it usually spooks me!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had the toes touch on the Multi one time, when I went to move my toes to the peg I realized they already were on the pegs. Yikes!

This bike is so fun!!!

Reactions: RockingM

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I have the same problem on aggressive turns. Part of the problem is that I'm 210 lbs with my gear on so I have to crank up the rear preload in order to keep my pegs from scraping. I've measure the suspension sag with me on the bike, and have tuned the 4 preset load settings to compensate for my weight, luggage, passenger, and passenger and luggage, but the additional G forces in the turns throws all of that out the window since I'm already overloading the OEM spring rate.

Reactions: RockingM

·
Registered
270 Posts
I found a neat free app that data logs and one of the parameters is lean angle. Recent sporty ride I saw 52 degrees.
Based on the app screenshot, I'm wondering of the speed/lean angle is more accurate than the route indicator...or did you take a shortcut? :surprise:

Reactions: Wolverine1

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good stuff fellows! I didn't feel like it was all that aggressive on my part though I was pretty much centered on the bike, I did shift a little over to the inside on the switch backs but not going all out so I'm sure the lean angle is more when I don't get off the saddle and move into it. But I thought the bike was high enough I'd not drag, I only drug a toe once on the ST4s and I had lowered pegs but worked it harder in the corners and put the ball of my foot on the pegs after that one. (It was right after the deer wreck and I was a bit, touchy...;))
I'll have to up my pre-load now when I'm working some good twisties...The bike handles great and makes one want
to twist it..;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ride a pretty relaxed pace so I'm not in danger of scraping the pegs any time soon. If I were I'd be a little worried though - with my left toe on the peg my heel pushes down on the kick plate/tang for the center stand, probably not enough to make it catch on something but enough to make me think about it. Any of you folks have that issue?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes, left heel hits the center stand, right heel hits exhaust. At first it was annoying but I've gotten used to it now.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
I found it easy to touch a toe down on the Multi when riding really tight corners that load the suspension (think Deal's Gap or Wolf Pen Gap). These types of roads don't allow for much hanging off based on the rapid direction changes. I never had a problem with sweepers. I found that rotating my foot to plant my sole on the subframe gave me the extra clearance I needed.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Damn! He exists. :)

Believe it or not but back in the day when ground clearance was really an issue I would turn my inside foot 90 degrees. The sole up against the frame so the peg could fold up against the boot.

I've ridden with frenz that have actually folded back the shift lever from hard contact on the Multi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn! He exists. :)

I've ridden with frenz that have actually folded back the shift lever from hard contact on the Multi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think I'll slow down

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have the same problem on aggressive turns. Part of the problem is that I'm 210 lbs with my gear on so I have to crank up the rear preload in order to keep my pegs from scraping. I've measure the suspension sag with me on the bike, and have tuned the 4 preset load settings to compensate for my weight, luggage, passenger, and passenger and luggage, but the additional G forces in the turns throws all of that out the window since I'm already overloading the OEM spring rate.
I had the same issue.

I put a 1Mn spring on, best $200 I have thrown at this bike yet. I was using two-up just for me, there was no hope with the woman and aluggage.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Me Too

I drag my toe with both Multis (2012 & 2016) all the time... first few times it happened it scared the shit out of me. I didn't feel like I was that far over.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts