Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have been following my work on my ST3 today I made the airbox mod. I looked on the web to see what chaps have done and decided to take a new design on myself based on possible water engris. If water was to make its way to the filter it will run down to the drain hole however most prople not experiencing this problem.
I also installed a BMC filter.
Richend up the trim a little to compansate for after run and have a map to suit open box and pipes.
pic below

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
You certainly didn't leave much, it's almost as radical as the DP performance one. How is it noise wise?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, just came back from a 100km test ride. Certainly very noisy when you crack her open. You can hear the air induction!!!
The extra instant power is amazing, 1st and 2nd gear wheel loft without clutch no problems. At first I thought to noisy but the extra power is great and I wont trade for less noise. Ride it normaly and noise is minimal.
Well worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
airbox mod

My 2004 ST4s came with complete DP kit. I love the sound of the intake. There is this "sound" though...around 7/8000 RPM , hard into a corner , braking , throttle blip at this RPM produces this sound , like a vicious nasty crackling … just intoxicating. Wondering if others experience this??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts