Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 1000SS, ordered a Toby Steering Damper and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get it to fit. The instructions are about the worst I have ever seen. Has anyone put one on that has pictures or have insight into this?

thanks!

Joe

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. How did I you attach it at the fork? The bracket I got will only fit towards the bottom of the triple tree where the fork tube is bigger.

Joe

·
Registered
89 Posts
clamp

i will take a pic of mine but i ended up getting a different size fork clamp because it came with a 54 mm but my tube narrows to a 50 mm. let me know if your forks are 54mm and i have a bracket

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is the problem. I have 50mm and it came with I guess a 54mm. Do you know where I can get a 50?

How do you like it by the way?

Joe

·
Registered
89 Posts
ebay.. check it out search 50mm steering damper bracket

. Bread Crumb Link

50mm Steering Damper Mount kit Fork Frame Clamp Bracket See original listing
Image not available
Item condition: New
Ended: Nov 06, 201123:02:17 PST
Price: US $19.99 [ 12 sold ]
Shipping: $9.99 Economy Shipping from outside US
Item location: bangbon, bangkok, Thailand
Seller: Member id wsw_2010 ( Feedback Score Of 6256) |Seller's other items

See suggestionsSell one like this
Ad Feedback|AdChoice - opens in a new window or tab

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To close this thread, I emailed Toby and explained the problem. They said they would send me the correct (50mm) clamp. After a little over a week it got here from the Neatherlands. Everything bolted up nicely and it looks and works great. Up next, the search for used race bodywork.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts