Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost the red lens cover on the stock tail light assembly on the last ride, evidently. Didn't notice til I got back and was looking at a white brake light in a silver cone. I believe the red plastic lens is just glued to the internal silver reflective cone, so if you're still using the stock configuration, you may want to pull it out of the black assembly and reinforce the seam with some super glue or some similar adhesive. See missing part in attached image in case none of that makes sense ha. Figured I'd save some of y'all a bit of hassle down the line...

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is a small screw that secures the red plastic lens to the housing. However, it does not fit snuggly and retains a little movement. I constantly check mine to ensure it has not worked itself lose. I used some industrial double sided tape on the inside lip of the housing. Seems to be working fine for the last 3 years or so.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Ducati used to have just the Tail light lens and reflector for sale but now you have to get the tail light with the black housing #12. This is about $140 new. Not bad.
There are two small Phillips head screws holding that on. Only one of the screws are shown in the image.
These Phillips head screws will strip if you do not use a good screwdriver so be carful.
If the screw is not aligned and screwed in to the lens correctly. It will come loose. I've seen many that show up here at the shop loose or stipped and it usually happens when replacing the bulb

These do come up on eBay now and then

Lost the red lens cover on the stock tail light assembly on the last ride, evidently. Didn't notice til I got back and was looking at a white brake light in a silver cone. I believe the red plastic lens is just glued to the internal silver reflective cone, so if you're still using the stock configuration, you may want to pull it out of the black assembly and reinforce the seam with some super glue or some similar adhesive. See missing part in attached image in case none of that makes sense ha. Figured I'd save some of y'all a bit of hassle down the line...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts