Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there has been many threads similar to this one, but I have not seen this question. On a stock 03 ST4S can I add only pipes without changing anything else. Does this one change still make for lean conditions? Thanks in advance.

·
7,733 Posts
Sure, you can add pipes without changing anything else. Whether that will lead to a *too* lean condition depends. Slip the pipes on, take the bike for a *nice* ride, and if you don't hear or feel any lean effects, then you're okay. If you hear excessive popping on decel, or experience "carb farts" that cause stalling on acceleration, or if the revs hang up way too long after a blip, then you'll need to fatten it up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
IMHO - I think you'll be OK, from what I've read anyway.
I did my '05 ST3 stock pipes, ( half-core) no problem, sounds great and runs better than stock. Here's the best part, free, zip, nodda......
Stryder right, thats good advice!

·
Registered
494 Posts
it didn't affect my '03 ST4s when I put the Sil pipes on. Actually ran better...

·
Registered
105 Posts
st2sam said:
IMHO - I think you'll be OK, from what I've read anyway.
I did my '05 ST3 stock pipes, ( half-core) no problem, sounds great and runs better than stock. Here's the best part, free, zip, nodda......
Stryder right, thats good advice!
can you give details of what you did - any photos???

I have an ST3 and want to get a better sound (purchase of after market pipe on hold :( )...

Doc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts