Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the list...

i was originally looking at a multi s to replace my old 955i speed triple. my dealer sold the last one and now has me interested in an 08 non-s for 8700 plus tax etc - 9600 out the door.

i rode the bike the other day at another dealer. loved the power delivery, styling, sound, ducati-ness (i used to own a 98 monster), but on a short test ride with lots of circular on and off ramps could not get comfortable with the riding style into bends. everytime i leaned off the bike seemed to sit up in the other direction.

anyways i am still seriously considering - it's either this or another speed triple 1050 (but would really like a change) or a tuono R from aprilia - which i loved but am gun shy because of depreciation, parts availability and the fact that my excellent local dealer may go under.

my riding is mostly half day or day long blasts. sometimes as much as 350 miles on a big day. and then once every year or so i might tour for a week.

the concerns i have with the hyper are practicality - is it too narrowly focused for my riding? - and then the way it turns? assume i would get used to it compared to the triple that tended to tip into turns.

thoughts

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Get neither given your riding habits, and buy a Multistrada instead.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Hms

new to the list...

i was originally looking at a multi s to replace my old 955i speed triple. my dealer sold the last one and now has me interested in an 08 non-s for 8700 plus tax etc - 9600 out the door.

i rode the bike the other day at another dealer. loved the power delivery, styling, sound, ducati-ness (i used to own a 98 monster), but on a short test ride with lots of circular on and off ramps could not get comfortable with the riding style into bends. everytime i leaned off the bike seemed to sit up in the other direction.

anyways i am still seriously considering - it's either this or another speed triple 1050 (but would really like a change) or a tuono R from aprilia - which i loved but am gun shy because of depreciation, parts availability and the fact that my excellent local dealer may go under.

my riding is mostly half day or day long blasts. sometimes as much as 350 miles on a big day. and then once every year or so i might tour for a week.

the concerns i have with the hyper are practicality - is it too narrowly focused for my riding? - and then the way it turns? assume i would get used to it compared to the triple that tended to tip into turns.

thoughts
I can set you up with a '08 HMS, 2,164 miles, Termi 2-1, windshield and cover (stock exhaust) for just a little more. Suspension set up for 195lbs. I get over 110 miles on a tank, cruising and light play.

Bike is listed in the CLASSIFIED section if you want to see some pictures, PM me for any questions of further discussions.

The hyper is an awesome all-around bike. Its only weakness is long-distance. However, with the addition of the aftermarket 6gallon tank and a different seat, the hyper would be good for long distances.

The windscreen I put on helps at speeds above 75 mph.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Too expensive. You should be able to get an 08 out the door for under $9k. Hypers are not in high demand right now. I would offer $8,750 out the door max.

·
Registered
605 Posts
The bike should fall into turns easy. Tight corners are its strong point, if anything it leans the other way lacking a little stability at very high speeds. I suspect the one you rode was not setup right, probably too much preload up front.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
under 9000 really?

tax in my area in 9.8% - so you really think i can get one out the door for under 9000 - that is 8200 for the bike -

they are already listing it at 8700

msrp for this bike was 11999

·
Registered
260 Posts
whatever you pay...the answer to your question...is to hyper!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
prilia out this weekend - now new s3 or duc

i've ruled out the 'prilia. so am now down to deciding between another speed triple and a ducati. it seems strange to replace one speed triple with another but the 09 s3 is a great bike - and i can readily pick one up for about 8.8k, 10.6k otd.

on the duc side i am still mulling a hyper - hopefully the 10/31 forza thing will be extended. if not a hyper then maybe a monster 1100 or even a streetfighter - something naked and quick.

i was a litte concerned when i joined this forum that a bunch of folks tried to sell me their hypers - hopefully this doesn't mean too many folks are trying to unload them.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I won't sell you mine. I just bought it. It's a great time to buy, bad time to sell....

Dave

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
I'd sell you mine, but then I'd go buy an "S" or wait and see what 2010 Hyper has in store. I get a big grin every time I ride it.

I haven't heard anything about Forza being extended.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Come on, you know you want mine

Take mine, I want to enter into the dark side of the super bike world. Its a hard thing to do as the Hyper is such a fun ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts