Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I be putting fuel saver stuff in my tank over winter storage :think:

If so.... are they all the same ? Many different kinds out there!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,449 Posts
Should I be putting fuel saver stuff in my tank over winter storage :think:

If so.... are they all the same ? Many different kinds out there!

Thanks!
I put hightest (No Ethanol Shell premiun and some say ESSO premium has no ethanol) & stabil then in the spring I syphion it out put it in the garden tractor... Put fresh in the Multi and Go from there....

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put hightest (No Ethanol Shell premiun and some say ESSO premium has no ethanol) & stabil then in the spring I syphion it out put it in the garden tractor... Put fresh in the Multi and Go from there....
Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Bike storage

Glen,
Whenever I store a bike with a plastic tank I try to run the fuel down as low as possible. In my area it is not possible to get non-Ethanol fuel so I figure that the less the fuel the better. Modern tanks are not vented to the atmosphere as were the tanks of old. Not much concern for moisture getting into the tank and no rust concerns. If I do store with fuel I use Stabil fuel stabilizer. When I am ready to bring the bike out of storage I bring a fresh can of petrol from the filling station and refill the tank and ride. Of note I live in California USA and it never gets very cold. Wet yes.

Cheers
Ducatidyer

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
No need for it- ride through the winter!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I dont store my bike, i ride as much as possible in the winter, but i used k100 treatment in both my Duc's.

I use what is claimed to be non ethanol fuel here locally, but i havent tested the fuel to verify ethanol content yet.

So I used K100 year round.

I didnt start using anything till my 1198 tank warped BAD, i still need to take it in, but ill probably purchase an ETI or DP tank, and put the warranty tank in a box somewhere.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Glen,
Whenever I store a bike with a plastic tank I try to run the fuel down as low as possible. In my area it is not possible to get non-Ethanol fuel so I figure that the less the fuel the better. Modern tanks are not vented to the atmosphere as were the tanks of old. Not much concern for moisture getting into the tank and no rust concerns. If I do store with fuel I use Stabil fuel stabilizer. When I am ready to bring the bike out of storage I bring a fresh can of petrol from the filling station and refill the tank and ride. Of note I live in California USA and it never gets very cold. Wet yes.

Cheers
Ducatidyer
For winter storage you can drain as much as possible out and fill the tank with 100 octane fuel, that has no ethanol AKA race fuel or CAM2 fuel, in the spring you can just ride it out before using whatever it is fuel that is abailable at the pump. The bike sure runs good with 100 octane!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Glen,

Cheers
Ducatidyer
That's what I do as well. I also add a good slug of Seafoam in the last tank to get it into the lines, injectors and any remaining fuel.

Note: I use Seafoam in all my engines (including my race engine) all the time.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No need for it- ride through the winter!
Hum... Good one! :think:
Since I can't get winter tires for the bike, this is what I ride during winter!!!

Quad with winter tracks... trail opener!

Yam apex, 4 cylinder 1000cc, 4 stroke, 150hp!

Got to love it!

Attachments

·
All weather biker
965 Posts
That looks like a lot of fun. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts