Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents -

The styling of the rizoma belt covers I had always bothered me a bit. Thought the bike was getting a bit to show-y (yup, just made that up); a bit to Beverly Hills. After getting some Alpina's I went with a red anodized theme and I think the circular portion of the belt covers just went a bit too far. To my eye the vented circles of the covers themselves never really tied in with the rest of the bike. I felt that the shapes actually distracted someone from the raw effect of the engine within the frame (which was a nice draw to the SC in the 1st place).

You all know that feeling when you look at your bike and something is just off.... So I decided something HAS to change, and that the covers were coming off. We were going back to NO covers. But, I got to the garage, started tinkering and realized I could remove just the red portion from the rest of the cover! So I did. I gave it about a month of riding to see how I felt and I gotta say - I am very happy with the result. Now I just need to grind off the tabs and powder coat? Hmmm....

Curious to see what you think....

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
The most important opinion is yours. If you like it, then roll with it.
I am a little confused, they don't look like Rizoma covers, they look like SpeedyMoto Leggero covers.
If they were the SpeedyMoto covers, then yes, the centres are not a vintage/classic shape as per the rest of the bike. Post up some pics after you have ground the tabs off.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Quick question?

Whats the fastination with pulling the belt covers off and riding it like that ?

What do you do when it rains and all the road slime and gunk pours in ?

Sure looks trick, but I wouldnt do it , but thats me , I ride it 1st rather than bothering looking at it

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea...sorry...speedy moto...not rizoma...duh.

·
Registered
517 Posts
sleek looking bike!!
Can you put before and after pictures?
It would be an easier comparison. I'm not a big fan of open covers (for safety purposes), but your looks great!
Either way, you have an awesome looking bike!!!

~k

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
You guys are funny, I've had open covers for over 30,000 miles now, ridden on dirt roads, through torrential rainstorms, on the track, through mud, day care center parking lots, etc., and NO problems.

Bike looks great Justin... I say dremel/file the tabs off and powdercoat a semi-gloss black to match other stuff on the bike. Different is cool! :cool:

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have the same covers and always get a good laugh when others ask me if I'm worried about stones, dirt etc..... My response is always the same....."if any dirt or rocks get into the belts it will be because the bike is sliding along in a ditch on it's right side and if that's the case then I have lot more to be concerned with than dirt on the belts!

Anyways, I like you're look. Very mechanical. I ordered those covers with the grey inserts because I thought the bright colors would be too bling. I'm happy with my choice because the grey blends in with the rest of the motor, and it has a stock, rather than bling, look.

Your option looks great too.

oh, and Spooner?? I assume by your comments about riding and not looking means you shag only ulgly chicks? It's the riding not the looking, right?

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Your bike looks great. I have the silver Rizoma belt covers and think they're a bit too much. Less is definitely more especially on these bikes.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Love the speedy moto covers but have never been fond of the swirly centers either.

My solution was to make my own centers.
Lee - nice job man - those look great.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey man I am curious about that bracket holding your damper...

1. Do you have stock forks?
2. Which clamp is that holding the damper end?

Reason I ask is, i've been wondering if we have enough clearance with stock forks to attach a Tech-mount or other clamp.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The whole rig is made by our very own Wasp. I run stock forks that have been resprung with a spacer that makes the springs a bit tighter. If you search for "Wasp TMSD" you'll find everything you want to know about the kit, including how to get one for yourself. Truly one of the best mods I've done for the SC's handling. Quality is top notch - Wasp himself is a great dude to deal with as well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have the same covers and always get a good laugh when others ask me if I'm worried about stones, dirt etc..... My response is always the same....."if any dirt or rocks get into the belts it will be because the bike is sliding along in a ditch on it's right side and if that's the case then I have lot more to be concerned with than dirt on the belts!

Anyways, I like you're look. Very mechanical. I ordered those covers with the grey inserts because I thought the bright colors would be too bling. I'm happy with my choice because the grey blends in with the rest of the motor, and it has a stock, rather than bling, look.

Your option looks great too.

oh, and Spooner?? I assume by your comments about riding and not looking means you shag only ulgly chicks? It's the riding not the looking, right?
I heard Spooner say he shagged your wife........

Sorry, you walked into that one

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Love the speedy moto covers but have never been fond of the swirly centers either.

My solution was to make my own centers.

Nice.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Could it be that these bikes look JUST FREAKIN' FINE just the way they roll off of the factory floor? Heaven forbid that one stay unmodified! Horrors! :eek:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Very nice work, looks great!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts