Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the flaming begin. . . . .

Well i've been on this site for awhile, and i've mostly searched in just the Super Sport section. But I was wondering whether a 1098 motor can be mounted in, and ran with a 2002 900ss frame.I understand that the mounting bolts may be a bit too forward, as well as the mid frame bolts. But that and electrical aside, can it be done?

Recently whilst doing a lap around Arizona's 101 with a buddy my chain snapped and got caught in the sprocket. One chain, three sprocket teeth, and a lot of fluid later I noticed that the outer case on the transmission side had a chunk missing where the chain began to bind.

So now it sits in the Kawasaki,Triumph, and Ducati Superstore awaiting approval to go through with work. At the same time, I await the dreaded call with info attached to a high priced tag.

So, my question once again arises as to whether, with a glimmer of hope it would be possible to mount a 1098s motor into a 2002 900ss frame. The reason I have this motor picked out is because it is that of the next (Ducati) bike Id want to purchase. I dont mind the power output by the 900(The tq definatly comes in handy in the twisties) but my ambitions are out stretching this power-band.I've grown relatively fond with the 900's styling, and feel compared to other bikes. Sure the newer Ducati styling may be a bit more "HOT", but I really like this bike.And wouldnt mind keeping it.
Any questions,comments, and or concerns would be accepted kindly.

Im looking at these two options as my Plan B, before my plan C(which would be to purchase an 04 Rc51) comes into play.

(For those wondering about plan A, that would be to make the Duc a track bike, and buy an rc51 for street use.:D)

Anyways, thanks for reading guys.

Let the flaming begin. . . . .

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Not a flame, but IMO the bigger superbike engines are too much for the SS frame.

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
1. stop dreaming

2. sell the remains of the bike on ebay, in parts of course

3. get a new bike

:)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Your weekend ride was a lap of the 101? Really? There are much better places to ride everywhere outside of the 101. C'mon man....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Imagine a large pile of money.

Now imagine the wind blowing, and the money drifting away.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Imagine a large pile of money.

Now imagine the wind blowing, and the money drifting away.

:) We are all kinda in this situation. I agree however that this would be more so than most.

+1 on the DS1000 suggestion.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Or you could get a 1000DS out of a Multi and bolt on a 1200cc kit, with the SSSA it would be one cool SS.

As Long as we are dreaming.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts