Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hey brinkdakid, fill out yer profile eh?

It's a good thing, whadda think Chuckracer? How am I doing?

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
lightweight, open, strong, extra clutch noise and cool looking. Try Cycle Cat, STM or Speedymoto from Motowheels. Over time I've had the open Ti Cycle Cat (about $190), Motowheels brand ($ I forgot), for my 916 I changed from red Speedymoto pressure plate to blue anodized with red buttons from Cycle Cat. To show it off I'm going to get the two wire Titanium STM clutch cover. To me its like the thong of clutch covers. Depends too on what bike you have. Monsters are the best for showing off, STs are good, 916 style and SS are not so good. Sometimes the covers come up on the used market, if your patient, deals are out there. Lastly, there is such a variety of designs available you have to visualize one on your bike, better yet put it up to your pressure plate. For example, my Cycle Cat titanium clutch cover looked awesome on my full fairing Supersport, it had the blue pressure plate. I removed it when I sold the bike, thinking it would look as good on my 916, wrong. It looked terrible with either a red or blue pressure plate. I sold the cover to a buddy of mine who has a 999R Fila and he loves it. I eventually went with a half cover with material that matched the stock rear sets on the 916. I had the red Speedymoto pressure plate on. Eventually the cover looked boring and lacked bling like my Supersport so I changed from the red Speedymoto pressure plate to the Blue Cycle Cat, to see if that helped. It did in terms of the blue standing out more, but the clutch cover still looked dull. I thought I would wind up with a black cover, but the whole intent was to show the pressure plate more because on the 916 style bikes the fairing covers most of the unit. Finally, I've decided on the above two wire STM. Doesn't look like much in terms of protection but after almost killing myself in a motorcycle crash on my now totalled 600RR Honda, who cares about the protection part. I think its strong enough to do the job in a slower lowside or tip over. Shit, if you don't hit anything low sides I found are less damaging than tip overs anyway.

Sorry for the long response, but these are some of the little things that keep you interested when your messing around with your bike. Good luck and I think somewhere on this site or at least in the archives there are pictures posted of member's clutch covers.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Clutch nut..

I am starting to re-think my carbon clutch cover. After seeing a guy at the AMA race this weekend have his nut loosen and his stock cover keeping all the parts there to fix.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=6097

My carbon cltch cover wouldn't have kept it in place!

·
comrade moderator
26,798 Posts
pazzoduc said:
Hey brinkdakid, fill out yer profile eh?

It's a good thing, whadda think Chuckracer? How am I doing?
LOL!!! Hey, I have this spare star here with your name on it...!

I'm just wondering if brinkdakid could write in complete words and sentences. When I see someone typing like this, i don't even read the rest of the post and move on.

Brink, you are dealing with an older, wiser crowd here...please save the ebonics for the gsxrkawicbrsix forums!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
R U Serious

LOL OLDER WISER CROWD thats funny every time i put a post i eventually get the answer im lookin for but there is always that "older wiser crowd" with some smart ass but some how lame at the same time comment, and since when does the kinda bike you ride make who you are ,the way some of you guys act you would think you ride bmx bikes...

·
comrade moderator
26,798 Posts
Well, I'm impressed. That was better. You at least spelled out the words this time.

I see no change in your profile, however.

Oh and here's a tip: If you are new at a forum, it's probably best not to start out by being an asshole. It will make a huge difference on how you are treated and the answers to questions you will get. You reap what you sow. Just a thought.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
look man or woman whatever i dont care what or how you feel towards me if there is a probelm DONT READ MY POST if you feel im being a asshole DONT READ MY POST, if i offend or upset you by any means DONT READ MY POST

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just think, if this were 1999 we'd be having to decipher 'leetspeak'.

Ahhh, just gotta love 'internet ebonics'.
(I'm sure we're about to find out that this guy's majoring in English at his university, and he only types this way to save time, yadda yadda...or is there a new standard reply?)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Carbon Kevlar

Carbon Kevlar clutches are very strong also and weigh very little. Just a regular Carbon clutch is really only for decoration, under stress they shatter.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would get the Ti cover from Ducati Performance...I have one and it seems to do the job...Light, Cool looking, Its not an open clutch cover but it keeps some of the noise in...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is there a MOD with a BAN button in the area? ;-)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
How come the number of posts don't change.. Chucks stays at 677 and Brinkydink stays at 11.

They have asked for your profile so we know whether to point you toward paying in USD.. Euros or baht. If it's 20 USD... it's bout a gazzillion baht. If you check the bottom of the front page you'll see this is a world wide site. Unfortunately YOU know where you are but our crystal balls have been busted by too many hours being mashed up on the tank in the twisties.

Mal

·
Registered
403 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanx for the info

thanx im sorry thank you, those who provided useful info......crystal balls LOL THAT IS HILAROUS........... :confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts