Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went into the dealer today and picked up my new ride.. Had the Monster 1100 before loved it, but it was missing something.. And I think I found it SFS Titanium... SWEEEET..

Anyhow I've read tons of posts about how crappy they run and all the crying and complaining.. What the hell are these people talking about???????

This thing runs like a champ I could only get it to cough a little if I put it in first and no throttle and idled along just on idle.. And that is OBVIOUSLY going to happen with no throttle input.. But anything above that its perfect.. LOVE IT..

Only 1 issue ive been having but its been getting better, a bitch to get into Neutral but that was at the 4mile mark on the Odometer now im at 50Miles and its getting a lil easier...

Overall sick bike, suspension feels great and ive only had her up to 7k rpm and it feels great ... LOVE IT....

grabbed some quick pics in the garage tonight when i pulled in...

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just got a bonner. Love the color, I've been looking for a dealership that will take my 848SF with 200 miles as a trade in for 1098SF with no luck.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Think what you are going to do to protect your paint. You can't polish it. Mine (MST1200) got some road tar or something splattered on it first week...it 'ate' into the paint! Some people use 'stick on' film...not too keen on that. I have seen some 'matt polish' on the net but it's about UK£50 a tin!! (And I have no idea if it's any good). Do think aboit it before it's too late!! Nick

·
Registered
498 Posts
Only 1 issue ive been having but its been getting better, a bitch to get into Neutral but that was at the 4mile mark on the Odometer now im at 50Miles and its getting a lil easier...
Same thing happened with mine when new. Apparently, it's normal. The gearbox just needs to get broken in. I kept the lever all the way out, that helped a bit. After 400 miles or so, it was no problem finding neutral at all.

That is, until I got an air bubble at the lever and had to burp it. :D Works perfect again.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think what you are going to do to protect your paint. You can't polish it. Mine (MST1200) got some road tar or something splattered on it first week...it 'ate' into the paint! Some people use 'stick on' film...not too keen on that. I have seen some 'matt polish' on the net but it's about UK£50 a tin!! (And I have no idea if it's any good). Do think aboit it before it's too late!! Nick

thanks for that info,,, any other creative ideas on this one?? and are they doing the entire bike?? and what is this matt polish called??

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet looking steed and congrats! Some guys are lucky enough to not have any low end fueling issues. Typically SFS owners. What are you future mod plans?
Im going to do some carbon parts not a ton, some rizoma stuff " quite a bit" and looking to get a shift tech exhaust with the dual trimi cans,,,, and we'll quite a bit of other stuff, will post progress as we go...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Welcome to the Race Titanium club! I also have the same issue with getting Neutral and I have >400 miles on my bike. I've replaced the slave cylinder and burped the line multiple times but it doesn't seem to be getting better.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
My 1198 trans gets better each and every time i ride it. I think it took about 3500 miles before it felt "normal" to me. Up till then i thought it was the worst transmission ever after owning japanese bikes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Oddly enough, HD Dealerships sell a cleaning kit for their "Denim" (matte) paint and it works VERY well. In fact, all of their cleaning products are top notch.

~Ex

·
Registered
572 Posts
Nice bike! Enjoy! Watch the forum and ebay for the exhaust. The Shift-tech requires a lot of fueling work. You're better off just putting on termi's and havng redline or one of the guys who can do it reflashing your ecu. Lots of threads on this...

·
Registered
322 Posts
The neutral thing is the clutch slave. Had to get the air out, was amazed how much was in there. Get an Oberon clutch slave, makes it way better, easy neautral, and the lever pull is NICE. Made a big difference now I can feather the clutch easier for a better feel.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I put another 50 miles on her today, and the transmission has loosend up nicely netural is no problem now.. I was hell sitting at long stop lights in gear trying to get her into N... But today everything went well.

Now on the exhaust I was planning on doing something to keep the rear tire clear of obstruction for a nice open look.. But Im not looking for fueling issues but I really dont like the single side swing arm all covered up... I was planning on going to a custom bike exhaust shop and have them bend me a nice full system and have it dump kinda like the " buell " Now is this going to cause me a headache... any other recommendations on keeping the rear open as possible..

Possibly the termi but cut down to keep it open??

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
A pair of GP slip ons will open up the rear wheel and keep the stock look of the bike without opening up a can of fueling problems. I have a pair of GP cans on my SFS and the rear of the bike looks more balanced and open. The problem I have with the Termis, Akras, and Arrow cans is that the mufflers are all to big and I don't like the odd shape of them. They all make the rear of the bike look heavy and fill in the tire to much. This is just my opinion but it may help you out.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
269 Posts
Try shifting into neutral while the bike is moving e.g. when you are slowing down for the light, it'll be a lot easier. The gearbox, like everyone has said, will loosen up after 2000ish miles... that's the real break in period for ducs imo.

I got the Zard full system which cleans up the SSS and also fixes the pigeontoed stance you get from the stock headers. The sound is also incredible from it... here is a link to a dyno run I did with it, it dyno'ed at 150 rwp 85 ft/lbs of torque. I reflashed it with the DP termi full system map using ducatidiag, those results were from a canned non custom map:

The double dog moto system also does this but I'm really not a fan of the look... looks like something out of a hentai film to me, but some people love it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow, I hadn't seen the zard pipes before - very complementary to the swing-arm, though I still prefer the look of the actual termi cans. Still, this makes me wish I had seen them before going with the termi slip-ons.

I recognize Steve at EMS in the video. They seem like a great shop and appear to be doing well since they are moving to new, bigger space.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Damn.. I really like the shift tech but want no issues... which brands are you suggesting?

Could you describe the problems experienced with shift tech??
I have a set of Mivv titanium GP slip ons. They sound great and my bike runs good with minimal fuel adjustments. The Shift tech exhaust is a nice exhaust but it will probably require a custom map either via a reflash or by an auto tuning piggyback fuel tuner. Hear is a picture of my SFS with the GP exhaust.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.