Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fairly set on Michelin Road/road 2's (depends on price difference unless someone has a clear reason why one is better), but have been reading about them dry rotting/weather checking. I want something that performs good and lasts - I put 5-6k on a season, and want to be able to do that without swapping tires in the middle.

As a former auto mechanic, and recommended installer from TireRack, I constantly saw this on michelin/BFG (same company now) tires...anyone have this issue with their cycle tires? One would think the rubber compounds would be entirely different here....If so, how long before they degrade? Bike will be in a heated garage for its entire stored life....

Also, mounting and balancing them - can anyone recommend some good spoons/rim protectors/bead breaker?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't get 5-6k miles out of a set of Pilot Power's. I was getting close until I picked up a nail. I put on The Pilot Power 2CT's instead and the grip is phenomenal.

·
Registered
60 Posts
...I want something that performs good and lasts -

Thanks,
Chris
we could talk all day about tire preferences. i got 9k out of the OEM Michelins. had no complaints.

with new tires, decided to go BT16's. would never go back to michelin. my front end is way better.

these are supposed to do decent mileage. but for me, handling trumps mileage anyway (you can get new rubber in 30 minutes).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts