Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally dumping the phantoms... Looking for pilot purse or Pirellis angels (?) best price on the web as my dealer will more or less match that. Any ideas where to look online? Need something to print out and take in to the dealer.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Finally dumping the phantoms... Looking for pilot purse or Pirellis angels (?) best price on the web as my dealer will more or less match that. Any ideas where to look online? Need something to print out and take in to the dealer.

Thank you!
Cycle Gear has em for a decent price. Plus they only charge $20/wheel to mount them (wheels off bike).

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,120 Posts

Thank you!
Just google the sneaks you want. You'll probably find all the major online players sell them for the same price. Also, be careful about that "more or less match" - they may bend you over on the installation charge.:eek:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Michelin Pilot Pures, it's decided. Thanks 1Db, good websight, good prices free shiping... Also, thanks to all the tire posts I have read on this great forum. All my likes for mods have come from watching what others have done here. Without such a forum,
I would not have nearly as long a wish list or have found such good advice on so many things.
My dealer is very reasonable about mounting price, and all else so far. Dealerships take on the character of the owners i have found.

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
What is the advantage to the Power Pure's vs Pilot Power for a GT1000 that is ridden exclusively on the street?

Also, I understand that the compound on the stock Michelin's is identical to the Pilot Power, so what's different? Profile? Rain grooves? I don't mind paying another $50 for a better set, but it sounds like the expected life is half (3k vs 6k miles)...Is it worth it.

I'm in the market and I'm trying to decide between the Pure's and the Powers and also trying to gauge how much better they'd be over stock.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Road 2

I recommend Road 2s for a GT ridden on the street.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm told the pures are two pounds lighter per tire, any wheel/tire weight saving on the GT is appreciated as my wheels are anchor. Also, they should be a bit stickier. I don't mind if they wear faster but they may well not be worth it. Will see, a few people here seem to like them. I actually prefer the tread on the pures. Maybe try them next and see if a difference is noticed, hopefully by that time I will have lighter wheels to put them on..

Thanks Cory, I will look at them.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I recommend Road 2s for a GT ridden on the street.
I would also strongly recommend this, but the newer tire technologies (Road 3) might be worth trying too.

One thing I highly recommend from sport-touring riding on a SC1000 Mono is using a Road __ rear and a Pilot Power ___ front. (Also, another vote for S.T.G.) I've gotten some amazing *matched* wear on a Road 2 Rear/Power 1ct Front while keeping an aggressive turn-in and sticky front. (I am not an advanced rider, nor a racer - my analysis is anecdotal.)

Link to Imgur Album

That is the wear I currently have from relaxed riding with 10k miles on both! It took close to 6k miles for the rear to begin to square off, and that was with 30% highway/60% country/10% spirited riding. I tried to leave the wear bars visible in the photos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts