Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I don't understand the OP's rant. Certainly there are differences between brands and designs, but modern tires are so good that there aren't many who can outride their tires on the street.
It's not, necessarily, outriding a tire. But there are differences that you can feel. And I will be the first to admit that I'm not the fastest guy out there. Far from it. Even so, I can feel the differences.

I remember the first time I put a Michelin on the ST after some Dunlops. Holy shit. Much softer sidewalls and more flex than I was used to. I got used to it and actually enjoyed the feel I got from them after I got to know the tire. These are the things tire shootouts can tell you.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It's hard to compare one tire to another if you ride until one set wears out, then replace them.
New tires always feel better. Now if you tried different new tires back to back on the same bike...
That might be useful. That is not practical for me, so tire reviews are what I got.

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
If your an expert rider those opinions might mean more to you, but even street tire tests are performed at the ragged edge by guys on free bikes using free tires. Most people don’t ride like magazine test riders.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's right. Tire reviews suck. And so does the state of non-biased journalistic reporting in general. I've been searching for a recent meaningful motorcycle tire shootout, either in an article or video, from a qualified source and it doesn't exist anymore. Remember the days of tire tests from the likes of Cycle World or Performance Bike? Nope. Print is dead and everything is online and ad-driven verbal diarrhea. No one will bring up any negative aspects of the product. Everybody gets a participation award! Fuckwits.

I want to hear from a reliable source, in an unbiased manner, why a Bridgestone S22 is better or worse than a Dunlop Q3+ or Pirelli Corsa II or whatever it turns out to be. All the damn reviews out there are from sources that want to sell you the product. Of course they're not going to be critical about it. They want you to buy it.

Retards. Oh, sorry, mentally stunted individuals. Grr.
Yeah, I agree, the mentally challenged greed driven media is endless, but the intelligent
no-nonsense product write-ups are nowhere to be found !?!... 🤙💜😎

·
Registered
254 Posts
It's not, necessarily, outriding a tire. But there are differences that you can feel....
What you say is true. So do you wish that moto tire reviewers felt the same differences between tires that you do? That would be cool, but then someone else would come along and complain that the review was biased or trivial. :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, I agree, the mentally challenged greed driven media is endless, but the intelligent
no-nonsense product write-ups are nowhere to be found !?!... 🤙💜😎
Here you go. All your non biased tire questions answered... HAHAHAHA!
Seriously. He is always non biased and always entertaining. and Yes he has a few about tires...

Rex

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
I’m a big fan of F9, but because they’re not for sale the mfgr’s don’t throw bikes at them.
IMO you can tell you really have gotten to know your bike when you start to notice the difference between top tier tires. They’re all pretty good.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts