Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I can tell there are 3 types for a quick temp repair.

The sticky little ropes (very good, especially if a larger puncture)
The mushrooms (very good/best?)
The thinner? ropes with the brass tips (good for smaller holes)

I want it small and will use CO2 cartridges not a pump.

What type works best?
Have you used it?
Link?

Thanks
Rex

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,332 Posts
I’ve used all with good results. But about CO2 cartridges, make sure you carry a bunch. It’s possible you’ll need more than you think. Practice with them. It takes several to air up a large rear tire and it’s easy to screw up and dump a cartridge and not get any in the tire. Small pumps actually can weigh less and take up no more room and can be used over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
12,119 Posts
I'm with the Duckman on carrying a small pump. I carry this one: CyclePump

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
I have used the CO2 cartridge method (@DuckMan was there ECM XXX from a few years back). If you go that route, get some 24 gram cartridges (life vest) rather than the 12 gram units that come with the kit. Two 24's will bring your rear tire up to pressure. I'm looking for a CyclePump for this season though...just in case.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
2nd the 24 gram, it takes a lot of those suckers to fill it up because there is some slop getting the bead back on ~sometimes~! It might look like it is on, but its not and there goes your first bottle.
Other than that, road service insurance, credit card, good friends on the ride with you that have someone with a trailer.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,332 Posts

I guess storage space depends on what you’re riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts