Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently got a Pirelli Diablo for my bike tire and now my front is on its deathbed. I was just going to get a diablo for the front but the corsa isnt that much more. So my question is, with the softer compound in the front, would there be any negative handling effects? I wouldnt think there would be, but im no tire expert.

·
Registered
372 Posts
you will be fine, the profile I beilive is the same, so is the tread patter, the only thing i've notice different is the compound in relation to heat up time and grip. you usually wear out the rear allot quicker, and in your case Corsa front and Regular Diablo rear you should have no problem

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one more question, the tire i got on my bike now is a 120/60 but it seems that the diablo corsa only comes in a 120/70. Would it still work with my 748?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yes it will work, the 120/70 will have a taller profile then the 120/60 currently on your bike, to compensate for the addtional ride height in the front you should raise your front forks through the tripple by rougly 10mm, or raise the rear by that amount, i personally would drop the forks. This is common with japanese bikes, some of them come with the 120/65 like my old 04 ninja, i switdched to the 120/70 and raise the forks through the tripple by about 5mm.

·
Registered
407 Posts
DrGonzo said:
one more question, the tire i got on my bike now is a 120/60 but it seems that the diablo corsa only comes in a 120/70. Would it still work with my 748?
Check your owners manual, the 748 can run with either the 60 or 70.... I prefer the 70.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Heard the Diablo Corsa's arent the best in the wet.

Anyone elaborate on that one?

I'm looking at setting my 998 up with Diablo Corsa front and a Diablo Rear.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can't say too much about the wet performance but the Diablo Corsa's are probably the best tire I have been on the street yet. You should be fine with that combination Fr and Rr.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts