Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be track- daying my 2002 ST2 with newly mounted Pilot Powers.
Anyone know suggested tire presures for the track ?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Recommended pressures are really manufacturer dependent. Provided you don't come up with the answer you are looking for here, you might want to see if you can contact a Michelin rep or check with some of the guys at the event and see what pressures they are running.

·
Registered
118 Posts
broomhilda said:
Will be track- daying my 2002 ST2 with newly mounted Pilot Powers.
Anyone know suggested tire presures for the track ?
Most tracks have reps selling /servicing stuff during track days and I'm sure you will get the advice you need there

·
Registered
623 Posts
What is the recommend pressure for Road Pilots on the street? Does everyone stick with the Ducati recommendation?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I use 30/30 on my PP's. I've heard people mention 29 or something but I suck at track riding and I don't think will make much difference. :)

T

·
0 Posts
grendels_arm said:
I use 30/30 on my PP's. I've heard people mention 29 or something but I suck at track riding and I don't think will make much difference. :)
Go with Michelin track recommendation if possible.

If their wisdom is not available, it's tough to go wrong with 30/30 (cold). The range of recommended pressures that I've seen across the brands is 28-32.

Set the pressure first thing in the AM, just before going to tech inspection. You should then be good to go for the day.

Bob

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ask Michelin, or failing that ask someone knowledgeable at the track - not some average Joe with a fast looking bike. Pressures are very tire dependant even for street riding and if you're really pushing the bike they might suggest something different than normal street pressures.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Not that this matters, but the recommended pressure for my Conti Road Attacks are:
-120/70ZR17 Road Attack = 36 "cold" psi.
-180/55ZR17 Road Attack = 42 "cold" psi.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I did a track day last week with Pilot Powers, and I ran 30/32 cold. In May, I am going to go with 29/30 cold.

I checked the pressure after lunch (the bike was sitting for about 2 hours) and the front was 33 and the rear was 35. So next time I am going to run just a little less pressure.

My shamless plug.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Cidman it sounds like you had your tire pressure dead on perfect. Your cold pressure should increase by about 10% from cold to hot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Maybe? I think I was pretty close, but I checked after the bike set awhile, that' why I was thinking 1 pound lower in the front and 2 in the back. Plus, it will be hotter on May 22nd.

Butch, you should come down to Kershaw in May!!!

Rod

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I would love to but that awful close to my anniversary and I don't think that I will be able to get away from work twice.
Sooner or later I will run out of excuses and have to come out and play. Thats a great picture by the way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts