Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need all of your opinions. I've gone over some of the threads and well I didn't really find what I was looking for. I have 120/190 Dunlop Qualifiers. Currently have (f/cold) 25psi and (r/cold) 36psi. What pressures should I have if I'm planning on giving someone a ride? According to the 996 manual I should be using 36f/40r... the front seems a little high.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
25 psi in the front is WAY low. I would run at least 32, if not 34 when operating solo, and about 34-46 in the rear. With a passenger, 36F/40R sounds totally reasonable to me.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I run about 29F 29R solo and don't normally take passengers, if I am planning on taking a passenger out for more than half an hour ride I will bump it up to about 32F 32R

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Common pressures for modern radial tires as recommended by manufacturers rend to hover around 36 / 42. I typically run a little lower than this since the recommendation is a blend of different uses (high speed running, 2-up etc) something like 34/38. To those of us who remember cross ply tires they seem high, especially at the front. If you run significantly lower then you promote increased wear rates. For the track pressures are generally a lot lower in the order of 30/28.

25psi is way too low in the front for the street.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Common pressures for modern radial tires as recommended by manufacturers rend to hover around 36 / 42. I typically run a little lower than this since the recommendation is a blend of different uses (high speed running, 2-up etc) something like 34/38. To those of us who remember cross ply tires they seem high, especially at the front. If you run significantly lower then you promote increased wear rates. For the track pressures are generally a lot lower in the order of 30/28.

25psi is way too low in the front for the street.
If you are getting this from the side wall inscription, those numbers are max pressure at max load............ not where you want to ride much of the time.....

unless you are built like me!:eek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I need all of your opinions. I've gone over some of the threads and well I didn't really find what I was looking for. I have 120/190 Dunlop Qualifiers. Currently have (f/cold) 25psi and (r/cold) 36psi. What pressures should I have if I'm planning on giving someone a ride? According to the 996 manual I should be using 36f/40r... the front seems a little high.
You're going to think you got a new bike when you get the front tire pressure right...34 to 36 is what a 996 likes, 28 to 30 at the track.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're going to think you got a new bike when you get the front tire pressure right...34 to 36 is what a 996 likes, 28 to 30 at the track.

So true.. so so so true... now using 35f/40r and I loved it. Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I assume there isn't much of a change in tire pressure needs on different tires? I have the Pirelli Corsa 3's and have been keeping them at 30f 33r. Am I way off?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts