Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have Bridgestone 016's and the mileage is incredible. They are also fairly sticky, which is a huge plus considering that I both canyon ride and commute at least 3 days per week (60 miles each commuting day).

My question: Is there another tire that has similar mileage to the 016's, yet warms up quicker and/or is a bit stickier?

·
Registered
871 Posts
I currently have Bridgestone 016's and the mileage is incredible. They are also fairly sticky, which is a huge plus considering that I both canyon ride and commute at least 3 days per week (60 miles each commuting day).

My question: Is there another tire that has similar mileage to the 016's, yet warms up quicker and/or is a bit stickier?
I know this response is going to warrant a lot of questions; however, I've got approximately 7K miles on my Michelin Pilot Powers. Although they are now ready for replacement (flat spot in the rear from highway mileage and cupping in the front) they were in great condition up to about 6K.

I don't understand how they lasted so long based on my aggressive riding and the maximum mileage reported by most others on their tires. :think:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Montducati you get the best fuel mileage out or your bike and also 7K from PP?!!!! What's going on over there?! I get really crappy fuel mileage and the PP got flat after 3K miles or so. You must have the best smoothes roads where you live :)

Dodge2Dub, I think you have the one of the best tires out there. The only other tire I could think of the people seem to love is the Pilot Road 2CT - a hard compound in the middle for commuting, and sticky/soft compound on the walls of the tire.

I recently mounted the old school Pilot Roads on my bike and didn't notice any difference in terms of grip when compared to the old PP

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know. Maybe the replies are sparse because there isn't a better tire on the market for the type of riding that I'm doing.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Montducati you get the best fuel mileage out or your bike and also 7K from PP?!!!! What's going on over there?! I get really crappy fuel mileage and the PP got flat after 3K miles or so. You must have the best smoothes roads where you live :)

Dodge2Dub, I think you have the one of the best tires out there. The only other tire I could think of the people seem to love is the Pilot Road 2CT - a hard compound in the middle for commuting, and sticky/soft compound on the walls of the tire.

I recently mounted the old school Pilot Roads on my bike and didn't notice any difference in terms of grip when compared to the old PP
Yea, I'm not understanding the tire mileage, although the fuel mileage isn't uncommon.

I just went for new PP's on my 996 and too cheap to spend the money on the S4RS for new tires at this time. There is minimal tread left on the middle of the rear tire as well as the front. The sides have decent tread left. Do you think it's still safe to ride the bike with those tires in dry conditions? I won't consider taking it out if there is any sign of rain!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have those tires on my SV650 and yes they warm up quickly but compared to the BT16's - IDK, never had them.
How quick do you estimate? Within a city block or within a few miles? The 016's take about 3 - 4 miles in my experience to warm-up enough to start leaning aggressively.

Also, what type of mileage have you seen on your SV650? I'm hoping for at least 5K (my 016's on the rear have about 4,500 miles on the clock and they are still rolling with a decent amount of tread left). My front is still an 014 and is approaching replacement time at 9K miles!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not that I have a suggestion, but I'm in a similar pickle

What kind of mileage are you getting from your BT-16's? I've got the stock diablo super sports on mine right now, and the rear is smoked - front has roughly 1/2 tread left and isn't weather checked/cupped at all......I'm debating on just bying one rear, another diablo, but IDK...

So far I'm between that, the michellin pilot road 2ct's, and maybe this tire now??

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not that I have a suggestion, but I'm in a similar pickle

What kind of mileage are you getting from your BT-16's? I've got the stock diablo super sports on mine right now, and the rear is smoked - front has roughly 1/2 tread left and isn't weather checked/cupped at all......I'm debating on just bying one rear, another diablo, but IDK...

So far I'm between that, the michellin pilot road 2ct's, and maybe this tire now??
So far 4,500 on the rear. The triple compound is great and allows you to rack up the highway miles and still receive the benefits of the sticky compound in the twisties. My only complaint is that I would like them to warm up quicker.

How many miles did you get on your rear diablo's?

·
Registered
15 Posts
So far 4,500 on the rear. The triple compound is great and allows you to rack up the highway miles and still receive the benefits of the sticky compound in the twisties. My only complaint is that I would like them to warm up quicker.

How many miles did you get on your rear diablo's?
I bought the bike with 1k on it, but I'm almost positive it is the stock rear....right now it's got 5200 on it, and it could have been replaced around 48-4900. Since I live in a state with virtually no curves in it's road (north east IN - just moved here 4 months ago from MI), I just piled on the miles for lame ol commutes.....

The performance of the tire was alright. It did heat up fairly quickly, and did what I needed it to do in the corners. Not as nice as Pilot powers I road on, but those were on an entirely different bike....

·
Registered
7 Posts
How quick do you estimate? Within a city block or within a few miles? The 016's take about 3 - 4 miles in my experience to warm-up enough to start leaning aggressively.

Also, what type of mileage have you seen on your SV650? I'm hoping for at least 5K (my 016's on the rear have about 4,500 miles on the clock and they are still rolling with a decent amount of tread left). My front is still an 014 and is approaching replacement time at 9K miles!
I'm not sure about mileage as I only have about 300 miles on them, but no, after one block they aren't warm give it about 5 mins on a warm day and they are good to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts