Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you have for a tire changer? Iam thinking about getting this and was wondering if anybody has some experience with this tire changer.

This is from their web site. JrPro Model - Oversized heat treated and case hardened frame arms for maximum durability, PLUS a new top end designed for truly easy tire changes. Sliding and rotating upper arm allows for perfect indexing on any wheel! Comes complete with 3 Xtra Hand Clamps, and floor mounting kit.

link to web site.

http://www.nomartirechanger.com/TireChangerPage/TirechangeMain.html

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have a Coats 220 and a "Handy" static balancer. The coats is a similar machine to what you are looking at there only it looks alot more beefy. My only complaint about the coats is that the wheel vice is metal so if you dont really tighten it down the rim will spin.... and it willl strip the paint off the outer lip. The machine your looking at seems to have addressed that problem.

One thing I can tell you is that no matter what you spend on a tire changer in the long run it will pay for its self.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i just bought one and they thrown in a set of four spoons and a balancer for an extra fifty. it looks like it will workout well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the Coats 220 as well. I bought mine after working at a shop with one that must have been 40 years old. You can get a used one for $450/500 ish. And you know it just won't ever wear out. You do have to be careful w/ delicate rims though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I know the inventor of the No Mar Tire Changer. Great guy, track rider... he was really sick of scratched rims.

His changer is built like a tank. No. Better than a tank. Solid as a rock. Really nice powder coating, too.

I've watched him demo it, and I've watched people using for the first time.

It's every bit as good as claimed.

:)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't have one, but the guy I had change my last set has one setup in his garage... it's friggin sweet.

Very easy to use and it looks bullet proof.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Yes, I have the Nomar tire changer and am pretty happy with it. I just changed my 2nd set of tires a week ago and it went pretty smoothly, almost was fun.

Once you consider what you pay others to change them for you and the damage you can easily suffer to your wheels, it is a pretty easy decision.

·
Registered
107 Posts
LuvDog said:
I don't have one, but the guy I had change my last set has one setup in his garage... it's friggin sweet.

Very easy to use and it looks bullet proof.
Yep, that would be me!!

I have the No-Mar tire changer as luvdog says, and it is one of the best investments I have ever made. Very easy to use once you get a bit of practice in. An excellent product at the right price. It is so sturdy it will last forever.

derek

·
Registered
324 Posts
Derek999S said:
Yep, that would be me!!

I have the No-Mar tire changer as luvdog says, and it is one of the best investments I have ever made. Very easy to use once you get a bit of practice in. An excellent product at the right price. It is so sturdy it will last forever.

derek
Your setup made me jealous... now I'm considering getting one myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts