Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound like a stupid question, but just want to make sure? I have an '04 ST4S abs. I'm getting ready to change the tires, I was going to pull them off and just bring them to my local (non-Ducati) dealer and have them mount them up for me. While I was flipping through the owners manual I noticed that it states because of the ABS sensors on the wheels, that tire changes on the ABS models should only be performed by a Ducati dealer. Is this just the normal Ducati propaganda designed to support the dealer network? Is there any harm in having my local guy mount the new tires?
Thanks!!
Mark

·
Registered
118 Posts
vtst4s said:
This may sound like a stupid question, but just want to make sure? I have an '04 ST4S abs. I'm getting ready to change the tires, I was going to pull them off and just bring them to my local (non-Ducati) dealer and have them mount them up for me. While I was flipping through the owners manual I noticed that it states because of the ABS sensors on the wheels, that tire changes on the ABS models should only be performed by a Ducati dealer. Is this just the normal Ducati propaganda designed to support the dealer network? Is there any harm in having my local guy mount the new tires?
Thanks!!
Mark
I think that they want you to be careful with the abs sensor ring on the wheel .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.