Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm no expert here, just offering an observation. That V looks like it was machined at the factory, it's too clean to be a gear grinding it down. Also, there appears to be a raised area in between the two legs of the V. that wasn't flattened.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Great news! Too bad that you had to struggle with damaged valves and heads, but it looks like you have it figured out now. Kudos!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wow, one has to wonder what could clog an oil cooler! Did you blow out the clogged one to see what came out?
Sure sorry that you're going through all this, but thanks for documenting the journey. I hope I never have this problem, but your experience will help if I do.

·
Registered
266 Posts
So the cam boxes are filling up with oil until they overflow? That oil should absolutely be draining back down into the crankcase, not over-flowing. But then one would expect that when you took the cam covers off when you first started to troubleshoot that the cam boxes would have been full of oil. You have quite the puzzler going on!

·
Registered
266 Posts
It seems you're doing great. It's your bike, approach it in the way that works best for you.

Reactions: dilbeckw

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think that once you've put some miles on the bike and are no longer anxious about what could go wrong, you'll look back on the project with some pride. Time tends to make those bumps a little smoother, but hey! you got it done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts