Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a belt change on my 748 using the Mathesis belt tensioning tester. Before I did the change the frequency was 75hrtz. Does anyone know what it should be for newly installed belts? I cant seem find any information in the manuals for min. and max. spec.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I am doing a belt change on my 748 using the Mathesis belt tensioning tester. Before I did the change the frequency was 75hrtz. Does anyone know what it should be for newly installed belts? I cant seem find any information in the manuals for min. and max. spec.
My m821 is 110hz new 80hz used

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, mime was really low. They didn’t look worn, but they have been on the bike for more than two years.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I put mine back on around 75hz....for what ever reason they make whoooooo noises at 2k rpm when tighten to 80hz....using guitar tuning app on the phone

·
Registered
895 Posts
A Ducati bulletin for 4-valve engines specifies that recommended tension for installing fresh-out-of-the-box new belts and the acceptable range of deviation (105–115 Hz). It also states that if you are going to reinstall a set of used belts they should be adjusted to 85–105 Hz. It further implies that used installed belts can be left alone if they measure above 70 Hz.

What Ducati is saying is to first set the tension of a new belt to spec, expect them to lose a slight amount of tension after some initial run time, and then verify at any later time that this tension is above the minimum requirement. In other words, you should not re-adjust the tension to the new belt spec 115 Hz max after run-in.

These values assume that you are using OEM belts made by Gates.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts