Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone in the Wisconsin area that has experience with changing out your own timing belts and performing the valve adjustment/tuning for an 1198 (or similar model)?

I really would like to learn from someone and eventually do this myself, but I don't want to learn it from the world of YouTube... :)

I live near the Green Bay area and would be looking to do this sometime next year. Beer, dinner, cash donation, you name it... Most definitely would be able to work something out for your help and time.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Is there anyone in the Wisconsin area that has experience with changing out your own timing belts and performing the valve adjustment/tuning for an 1198 (or similar model)?

I really would like to learn from someone and eventually do this myself, but I don't want to learn it from the world of YouTube... :)

I live near the Green Bay area and would be looking to do this sometime next year. Beer, dinner, cash donation, you name it... Most definitely would be able to work something out for your help and time.
Just as a point of reference, there is a guy in Southern California that has a shop and has classes often. he'll do the DS1000/DS11000 aircooled motors one weekend, then superbike stuff another. He charges I think $300 for the class and its like 6-8 hours and typically you get one cylinder done and the general know how to do the other cylinder on your own. You work on your bike, one bike is a class bike that he teaches from and everyone steps along together. Perhaps there is something like this in your area? Or within 2 hour driving distance?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts

I'm in DePere and do it myself on my Ducati's. Let's hook up sometime and we could do it.
Steve Minor

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just as a point of reference, there is a guy in Southern California that has a shop and has classes often. he'll do the DS1000/DS11000 aircooled motors one weekend, then superbike stuff another. He charges I think $300 for the class and its like 6-8 hours and typically you get one cylinder done and the general know how to do the other cylinder on your own. You work on your bike, one bike is a class bike that he teaches from and everyone steps along together. Perhaps there is something like this in your area? Or within 2 hour driving distance?
Where in S CA? I'm moving there in a month and would love to find out more about this class!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts