Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my first Ducati about a year ago and it came with the gold 3 stars, which I hate. So, its time to upgrade rims / wheels :)

I really like the Marchesini 10-Spoke but it only seems to be for the 749/749S/999 models. Does anyone know where to get a similar rim that will fit my 996? Can I get an adapter to make this one fit my 996?

Any other somewhat affordable suggestions?

Thanks!

-Hatter

·
Registered
98 Posts
10 Marchis spokes are the way to go. Best looking wheels IMO. I have a rear Marvic Penta that I like though. I'll see if I can find a link or two for ya.

·
Registered
73 Posts
1098 rims.
They look awesome on the 748/916 line.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I really like the Marchesini 10-Spoke but it only seems to be for the 749/749S/999 models.
Not so, they are available for 996, here's some pics of my Forged 10-spoke Marchesini wheels;

And the finished article;

Much lighter than the 3-spoke, they transform the handling of the bike - IMO the best single mod I've made to the bike. :)

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
I like the 10 spokers too, but make mine gold please.

You can use the 10 spoke rears off an 848 or Hypermotard (hello, Ebay), but you're going to have to bite the bullet and order a new front hoop for the smaller desmoquatro axle. $$$

I've got the 5 spoke magnesium Marchesinis.

·
Registered
57 Posts
which rears fit?

Which single-side swingarm bikes have rear wheels that will fit the 996 series?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not meaning to hijack, but that really turns me on!
Where did you buy those mounts from? would a standard radial mount caliper fit on them? I assume so. What was the cost for the mounts?

916 (Showa) forks, rebuilt with Ktech internals and ti-nitrided tubes with PVM radial brake mounts and Brembo HP calipers to 15mm offset Brembo HP full-floating rotors.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Not meaning to hijack, but that really turns me on!
Where did you buy those mounts from? would a standard radial mount caliper fit on them? I assume so. What was the cost for the mounts?
The mounts were an internet impulse purchase (as you do) and cost, IIRC around $350, the real cost began when I bought the calipers & rotors but the results are worth it.

The PVM mounts are for 108mm spacing calipers, Ducati radials (999/1098 etc) are 100mm, they also require 15mm offset rotors (stock were 10mm).

As for other mounts that fit Ducati forks, I believe there are a few options.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts