Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 80 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
It shows they have good taste then. One consigned to the dustbin of history, the other forever spoken about.

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
Still cranky about the Dutch Anglo wars. :nerd:
You guys were here long before us yet you turned your nose up at Gods land. But that’s to be expected of people who let little children stick their fingers in dykes.:laugh: Sorry Anders, I think I’d better stop. .:)
A few years ago Ducati Melbourne had a display in the shop. 1199, 1098r, mono 999s, 996. It was amassing to see them all together. I’d not liked the pani till I saw that. I still couldn’t get my head around the boxy 1-98 and in that lineup it look large and the 996 looked very dated but awesomely beautiful.
In my opinion, since you asked:), the pani looks the worst in race colors. The 999 looks so much better in race colors. 996 looks great with a mono seat and number boards front and rear. But no matter how hard I tried to love the 1098r (number boards and all) in that company the others just had more going for them.
This is of course just my opinion and really at the end of the day we all like what we like. I get shit all the time that my 999 is the bastard step child from an incestuous affair. But you know what, I don’t care. And neither should you.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
[/IMG]
I have to agree. I find carbon fiber just completely tacky and lame. I think people are loading their bikes up with it because they are bored and want something to spend their money on.

When I see a Ducati on Craigslist that has been loaded up with CF and promoted like it is now something special, I feel like the bike has been molested and is no longer beautiful and pure. And then they think it's worth more money when it's actually worth less.

I'd like to sum up with: the 1098 is one of the most beautiful Ducs out there. It's destined to be a classic. It's hard for me to imagine someone wanting to change it. If that's the feeling it might just be time to change bikes.
Disclaimer : Don't think a forum member owns this , I think this is your point . See photo .

Disclaimer :#2 Seeing how you took a hot steaming CHITE on my door step , I have installed factory 999 R CF on my 999s & some 999Rs really looks great & trust me I know your just suppressing your envy !

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
You don’t know what I own and after seeing that, there are many more other things I’m trying to suppress. Envy isn’t even in the mix.:)

·
Registered
219 Posts
With one look at all that CF, the only thing I want to suppress is vomit but it's hard when all my effort is going into clenching my sphincter. >:)

For the OP though, if you want to try something and just have some fun with new designs, just get some temporary vinyl and try some stuff. You can always return the bike to it's beautiful unmolested state later.

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
Careful with that advice Zaph. Some of the older versions have the clear lacquer lift and bubble because how tenacious the adhesive is.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
With one look at all that CF, the only thing I want to suppress is vomit but it's hard when all my effort is going into clenching my sphincter. >:)

Ha ha! I think, thanks friend for dropping the price of the bike. I'll pay less than a OEM, then cover those lighter carbon bits in red paint.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
Have you been in oz long enough to hear the expression “pour yourself a cup of concrete and harden the fuck up”?
Mate, don’t be so precious. I was like you at the start here. I had my cup and all is good. The mods control content and do a good job (suck suck:)) and they let threads go off course and as long as we sort of keep it on track and don’t swear at each other TO much all is good with the world here. It’s called the art of conversation. Give it a go once in a while :wink2:.
And here, have a read. https://www.ducati.ms/forums/78-road-racing/615858-cultural-differences-thing-about-australians.html
Maybe dutchy could give it a read as well:)

1) What got your panties in a bunch?
2) I started the thread.
3) Haven't stopped or said anything derogatory towards you.
4) Don't give a rats arse if you have been here since the beginning.
5) I said I did not care if the thread went "off course".
6) So, all in all, Enjoy the Aussie term back at ya.
"Go Jump".

Cheers Mate.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

For the OP though, if you want to try something and just have some fun with new designs, just get some temporary vinyl and try some stuff. You can always return the bike to it's beautiful unmolested state later.

I agree. Ordered a few already. Waiting on arrival. Makes for quick transitions and when sick of them transition back to stock or a new design.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Careful with that advice Zaph. Some of the older versions have the clear lacquer lift and bubble because how tenacious the adhesive is.

The 1098 does have a thin coat of Lacquer on top of decals. You can either heat up and place new decals inside the same area or lay in top and try to cover them.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
You don’t know what I own and after seeing that, there are many more other things I’m trying to suppress. Envy isn’t even in the mix.:)
I don't recall a quote of yours posted by me in reference of Disclaimer :#2

Believe & trust me I do know stacking Disclaimers is not pleasant & usually reserved for the advanced collector !

I would very much like to see some photo's posted of your machines !!

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
58 burst.
My bikes all have the stock paint apart from my 999 with a 1198 motor. It has standard paint with a front white number board and the entire bike has a matte finish. Raw carbon is restricted to wheels, air tubes, exhaust shield, airbox and until recently, a carbon front guard. I’m not that overwhelmed by the matte finish. Everyone who has seen it seems to like it, either through genuine appeal or politeness. Black lines around the white number board are the carbon that they’re made of.
748r has stock yellow paint. No extra carbon, only what it came with.
998s has stock paint and stock carbon apart from the carbon airbox.
750 sport has stock paint.
Baby F1 has stock paint.
S2 has stock paint.
GSXR-M 7/11 has stock paint.
GSXR 750 J has stock paint.
Any cosmetic bastardisation is kept to a minimum and hardware bastardisation kept to smattering of billet and Ti.
My bikes are for me and I am privately VERY proud of them. I don’t do pictures or put them in a signature for that very reason.

And as far as having a go at you I don’t believe I have. You may have been taking what I’ve said a bit personally or you have been caught in the crossfire. I can’t apologise for one but I can for the other.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
58 burst.
My bikes all have the stock paint apart from my 999 with a 1198 motor. It has standard paint with a front white number board and the entire bike has a matte finish. Raw carbon is restricted to wheels, air tubes, exhaust shield, airbox and until recently, a carbon front guard. I’m not that overwhelmed by the matte finish. Everyone who has seen it seems to like it, either through genuine appeal or politeness. Black lines around the white number board are the carbon that they’re made of.
748r has stock yellow paint. No extra carbon, only what it came with.
998s has stock paint and stock carbon apart from the carbon airbox.
750 sport has stock paint.
Baby F1 has stock paint.
S2 has stock paint.
GSXR-M 7/11 has stock paint.
GSXR 750 J has stock paint.
Any cosmetic bastardisation is kept to a minimum and hardware bastardisation kept to smattering of billet and Ti.
My bikes are for me and I am privately VERY proud of them. I don’t do pictures or put them in a signature for that very reason.

And as far as having a go at you I don’t believe I have. You may have been taking what I’ve said a bit personally or you have been caught in the crossfire. I can’t apologise for one but I can for the other.
With that list of bikes.....I am guessing you are not married?

If you are...she have a sister?

I'm getting flack for looking at a 3rd one. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
With that list of bikes.....I am guessing you are not married?

If you are...she have a sister?

I'm getting flack for looking at a 3rd one. :wink2:
Hahaha. Funny you ask. Long story short. I was going out with my wife’s sister (Kristine) before I went out with my wife (Sharon). Then the tide turned and I start to go out with my now wife (Sharon). Kris didn’t mind going on the bike every now and then but Sharon got upset when she didn’t go on the bike because she just loved being on the back. I even managed to get her on the back of my 7/11 and do a few (5) laps of Philip Islands before stopping and being thrown out. She loved it. So she has no problems with me buying, selling and keeping what I like and what she likes. Kris (the wife’s sister you were asking after has become part of our family and is somewhat spoken for). I’ll leave it to your imagination to fill in the rest.
Buy the third bike. Storms always blow out to calm. It’s up to you how to ride it out (excuse the pun)
Curious, what is the third bike so I can make fun of it. >:):)

61 - 80 of 155 Posts