Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
This isn't graphics or stickers but if you're looking to change cosmetics you could try MonsterFairings.com

Unless of course there is some huge negative stigma with changing the fairings I'm unaware of, seeing as the Veterans with 3k+ posts haven't mentioned it yet.

They have the Marlboro, Alice, Gulf, and TriColore schemes as well and do custom work for xx98 848 bikes

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
They are, most definitely, a "masculine" looking machine. Aesthetically beautiful, no, at least not to me. But then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Case in point... a fully dressed XX9 is, at least in my opinion, a pretty hideous looking thing. However, undressed, their beauty is undeniable.

@yellowducking 's 999R...

thats ridiculous, rude and outright wrong. the 999 is and was the best looking duck ever. troll elsewhere please:). like a lot of plain looking italian women, they usually look better with their clothes off. gotta say though, the 10-1198 never took my fancy. to much of a poor pretender to the 916-998.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
This isn't graphics or stickers but if you're looking to change cosmetics you could try MonsterFairings.com

Unless of course there is some huge negative stigma with changing the fairings I'm unaware of, seeing as the Veterans with 3k+ posts haven't mentioned it yet.

They have the Marlboro, Alice, Gulf, and TriColore schemes as well and do custom work for xx98 848 bikes
As one of the "veterans with 3k+ posts" I'll respond... ;)

There is no negative stigma that I am aware of, but as others in this thread have pointed out, going that route carries with it the very real possibility that what you will end up with is a bunch of cheap, ill fitting crap. That being said, while they are in the minority, there have been those who have gone that route who have had positive experiences.

The only issue I can think of is the tank... if you have a red 1098, then there are a bunch of kits, e.g. Marlboro, Alice, etc., that will work perfectly. If you have a yellow 1098 your options are limited, to say the least. The yellow Xerox 999r livery is very cool looking, however I didn't see any of them available for the 1098/1198/848.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
thats ridiculous, rude and outright wrong. the 999 is and was the best looking duck ever. troll elsewhere please:).
I was very careful to say "in my opinion" precisely to avoid offending any of the Terblanche Trip9 fanbois... ;)

And believe me, I'm not trolling here... I'd sooner start another oil "discussion" than fall into the bottomless pit which is the "999 vs X", but "best looking"?

IMO, for any rider who is a fan of sportbike styling, that title belongs to just one bike...

like a lot of plain looking italian women, they usually look better with their clothes off.

As a 2nd generation Italian American, married to a 2nd generation Italian American (Sicilian actually... there is a HUGE difference) I personally don't feel that there are a "lot of plain looking Italian women"... (my wife made me write that just now...). That being said, I most definitely agree with you on this point...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a red Ducati 1098 right now.
I also like the Xerox bikes. Leaning towards the Marlboro version a lil bit more now though.
very nice, I wonder how a superleggera type design might look? and depending on if you were to pinstripe the white edges, pick up a set of the same colored BST wheels.
Was really debating on some of the gold colored ones for my MV Agusta F3, but got a great deal on the gloss I could not pass up.

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
Leave it to the 1337 posters "how to" derail a thread.
No Mister 374 poster. Some post get “derailed” because of who they attract and subject matter. Sometimes bad but if you have a sense of humour mostly good. I don’t mind getting or giving jab in the ribs every now and then. All in good fun. Especially when you guys don’t get our Aussie humour.>:)

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
To add. I agree with Proph when he says cheap and nasty. I’ve fitted more bad then good aftermarket decals on ducks over the years. From the adhesive going hard and lifting the oe clear off to really really bad cut and fitting to not so good adhesion to fading in a year or so. Then there’s the taste factor, of which I have no control over but wish I did. Lots of rather “interesting” taste people have out there. I know the old adage “to each their own” but some of the decals I see on bikes is just odd to say the least. I’ve tried I’ll my life to bight my tongue when I see what some people do with their bikes but sometimes I just can’t help myself, my gag reflex is just to weak>:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

gonna go check it out. Thank you for the idea of where to look!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
No Mister 374 poster. Some post get “derailed” because of who they attract and subject matter. Sometimes bad but if you have a sense of humour mostly good. I don’t mind getting or giving jab in the ribs every now and then. All in good fun. Especially when you guys don’t get our Aussie humour.>:)
I get Sydney, Gold Coast, and Tasmania humor. Just never get Melbourne humor.

Im gonna go hop in the Holden and skull a VB. Oi!

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
Mate, we’re all the same. Melbernians hate new south Welshman. Queenslanders hate new south welshsman. NT and SA have to little population to worry about. Western Australia thinks it’s another country like New Zealanders think they’re another country and Tasmaniacs hate all of us. Have I derailed this thread enough?>:)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I was very careful to say "in my opinion" precisely to avoid offending any of the Terblanche Trip9 fanbois... ;)

And believe me, I'm not trolling here... I'd sooner start another oil "discussion" than fall into the bottomless pit which is the "999 vs X", but "best looking"?

IMO, for any rider who is a fan of sportbike styling, that title belongs to just one bike...

As a 2nd generation Italian American, married to a 2nd generation Italian American (Sicilian actually... there is a HUGE difference) I personally don't feel that there are a "lot of plain looking Italian women"... (my wife made me write that just now...). That being said, I most definitely agree with you on this point...

What in God's name.....? How is this post not liked a 1000 times? Y'all have been sipping too many latte's and thinned your red blood (walks off shaking head....)

Back to the OP's "problem", I'm not a big fan of the race rep stuff these days. I mean, aren't you trying to personalise the bike? Look around, take cues from things you like, even if they are not bike related and make it your own.

I've an idea, a feeling, for the junkyard dog I'm building (with glacial speed) at the moment. I've collected a few images of cars, bikes even planes that I like the look of, and will try to evoke similar feelings with my build. It is a bit of a stretch and mightn't be totally successful but learning, evolving (including your own taste) and treading your own path is what makes it interesting.

You have a blank canvas in front of you, don't spend your time and money copying someone else.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
What in God's name.....? How is this post not liked a 1000 times? Y'all have been sipping too many latte's and thinned your red blood (walks off shaking head....)
Right? Two of the sexiest looking pics in this thread and one like? Geez...

Back to the OP's "problem", I'm not a big fan of the race rep stuff these days. I mean, aren't you trying to personalise the bike? Look around, take cues from things you like, even if they are not bike related and make it your own.

I've an idea, a feeling, for the junkyard dog I'm building (with glacial speed) at the moment. I've collected a few images of cars, bikes even planes that I like the look of, and will try to evoke similar feelings with my build. It is a bit of a stretch and mightn't be totally successful but learning, evolving (including your own taste) and treading your own path is what makes it interesting.

You have a blank canvas in front of you, don't spend your time and money copying someone else.
Agree completely... personally, I am a fan of making sure that everything I do to my bike is period correct, and fits the "design intent" the original team had when then first put drafting pencil to vellum, or pixels to a display. That being said, I understand that, as I've stated previously, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If Race Rep is what the OP wants, I'm def willing to lend my opinion to that conversation. If I had one of those bikes, I would definitely go with the EVO Corse scheme... if the OP wanted to REALLY go nuts, the he could spring for CFRP fairings, and do bare carbon substituting for what is normally black, with the OEM DUCATICORSE badge with the Italian Flag banner, and clear topcoat on top.

Or... (just found this one today...) Without the TIM, AMG and Enel decals of course. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
If it wasn’t one of them that went to God, I have a pic of one I did in Rossi colors. I’ll see if I can find them.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Ducati make such stunning bikes i don't think there's too many "ugly" or "boring ones....

OK, the TL and maybe the early multistrada could be considered ugly ducklings, i like the early multi by the way......

But the 1098 series of bike? really? I guess those critical have never laid eyes on a Virago or a V-Max or even maybe a MT09 etc. they're ugly, cobbled together travesties that should be criticised and ridiculed....

I like the 999, but not in road bike form, as a race bike it's stunning, dunno why that is?
I don't _really_ like the Desmosedici, to rounded in the fairing which has dated quickly but hey, it's still an amazing bike, and naked, WOW!

Anyway, here's my 1098R, Yes, i love it. No, i don't care if you don't, we all like different things thank god, because i'd hate to like what everyone else does, how boring!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
[/IMG]
Just so easy to look at I miss this bike should of kept it as Art !!

Disclaimer : A lot of nice bikes posted here don't be a AZZ clown with your comments most likely you don't know CHITE !!!

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
Disclaimer : A lot of nice bikes posted here don't be a AZZ clown with your comments most likely you don't know CHITE !!![/QUOTE]
Really?

21 - 40 of 155 Posts