Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a barely used Sargent seat (low version) and was surprised that I can only tip-toe while parking my bike. I guess the wider girth reduces my leg reach. The DP comfort seat felt lower.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Overall I like the DP performance seat best, but I've only had the stock and DP comfort to compare it to. However, the only thing annoying me is the pillion part which suddenly goes up. When hanging off or trying to make myself as small as possible on a straight it can be annoying at times.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,371 Posts
How tall are you guys? I just ordered a low version sargent and im 6'. I've heard nothing but great things about it and from what I gather I should be able to plant my feet at a stop. Guess i'll have to wait to get it to find out.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 5'9 ~ 5'10

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Black with the red piping. Kinda matches the red stripes on the wheel rims. I'm still adjusting it since it pops off the Allen dome bolt on the side of the tank.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i'm 5"11 and have the sargent standard and even though it's taller than stock i have no problems..also you have to make sure it's seated into the allen dome bolts on the sides of the tank which you can adjust to get a nice fit and lined up with the tank fairings

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,371 Posts
i'm 5"11 and have the sargent standard and even though it's taller than stock i have no problems..also you have to make sure it's seated into the allen dome bolts on the sides of the tank which you can adjust to get a nice fit and lined up with the tank fairings
Yea but even with the stock seat it is tricky. Gotta place them just right to swipe them in.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I'm having a tough time getting the catch bolts to fully engage in the receiver slots. Only one side of the catch bolt head seems to catch.
I guess the plastic receiver slots have seen better days on this seat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah I'm having a tough time getting the catch bolts to fully engage in the receiver slots. Only one side of the catch bolt head seems to catch.
I guess the plastic receiver slots have seen better days on this seat.
i took an exacto knife and trimmed the upholstery a little where it tucks around the slots so it was easier to slip it on the studs but you still have to make sure they engage properly

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You mean the excess fabric after the staple line? I was thinking of trimming some of it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
yes after the staple line trim some of the excess frabic..it won't be much put it helps get the dome head bolt to slide in easier into the slot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts