Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got a CarbonFX with black welt, no flag that I never installed. It's been laying around for about a year now.

Some day I will put it on the 749. My butt has never touched it so I can't tell you much about it other than it looks great.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
From the couple of people I know that own it, it is definitely more comfortable and will help your 'sore ass' situation, if not eliminate it totally.

I would purchase one so that there is less constant impact on my vertibrae, but since I am saving-up for track equipment, maybe I will just request it as a Birthday present, or something.

I would like the all-black Carbon one too, but without the flag and without colored piping.

By the way, it's on eBay, for a much more favorable price (seller is high rated as well):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Seat-Ducati-999-999S-999R-749-749S-S-R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35589QQitemZ4622508805QQrdZ1

(Note that it is not labeled as a Sargent seat, but it is clearly the same one on the picture. Contact the seller why they are not mentioning that it is a Sargent, perhaps they have some sort of an agreement with the company, or it is a blemish, or something).

·
Registered
230 Posts
migz123 said:
(Note that it is not labeled as a Sargent seat, but it is clearly the same one on the picture. Contact the seller why they are not mentioning that it is a Sargent, perhaps they have some sort of an agreement with the company, or it is a blemish, or something).
Looks like it is labeled now.......

New drivers seat for the Monoposto and Biposto - Ducati 999 / 999S / 999R and 749 / 749S / 749R (2003+). Made by Sargent Cycle Products Inc. Only available in carbonfx material and with either red, yellow, or black trim. New in box. Taken out only for the picture below. No other colors of trim are available.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the Sargent on mine and love it! Carbon looking vinyl and red welt w/flag on the right side... I sat on a 999 with the stock seat AFTER I bought my 999S with the Sargent already on it and wondered how/why anyone would/could ride it with the stock seat. F&*ck that thing was hard and uncomfortable...

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
Hi,
I'd like to get my stock seat covered in black suede. I like the MV suede seats.
Any ideas on where I can get this done?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just bought one of these from the guy on ebay..... Should help the bottom end quite a bit..... :D

·
comrade moderator
26,798 Posts
Heh! I must be a freak...I rode a 400 mile day recently on my 749, and had no problems with the stock seat at all!

Yeah...don't answer that! LOL!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Munk said:
Looks like it is labeled now.......

New drivers seat for the Monoposto and Biposto - Ducati 999 / 999S / 999R and 749 / 749S / 749R (2003+). Made by Sargent Cycle Products Inc. Only available in carbonfx material and with either red, yellow, or black trim. New in box. Taken out only for the picture below. No other colors of trim are available.
Thanks Munk...

brianmdavis said:
Hi,
I'd like to get my stock seat covered in black suede. I like the MV suede seats.
Any ideas on where I can get this done?
Here ya go Brian - the seller is very reputable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DUCATI-749-999-SUEDE-SEAT-Non-Slip_W0QQitemZ8046589512QQcategoryZ10448QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone have any pictures of a Corbin/Sargent seat installed on a Duc with a factory rear seat? I am wondering how off it would be visually if I installed a Corbin/Sargent seat, but didn't re-cover the rear seat with the same material. :cool: Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found a Sargent (CarbonFX / Black Welt & Trim / Italian Tri-color) for $268.20 shipped so I ordered it today. My ass is already thanking me and the seat isn't even here yet. :D

·
Registered
610 Posts
Any good furniture repulster can do that for you with less hassel. My friends father is a shop owner in San Juan Capostrano and i'm thinking maybe blue aligator.

·
2,008 Posts
StavesacredarK said:
Any good furniture repulster can do that for you with less hassel. My friends father is a shop owner in San Juan Capostrano and i'm thinking maybe blue aligator.
I've talked to a few shops up here in Santa Rosa and no one has black suede. Very rare and hard to come by....

·
Registered
463 Posts
StavesacredarK said:
That's what I was thinking of doing. Jus' going to an upholstery shop and getting a gel or close celluar foam and cover it in suede. What do you think about that idea? anyone?

·
2,008 Posts
Jus_Livin said:
That's what I was thinking of doing. Jus' going to an upholstery shop and getting a gel or close celluar foam and cover it in suede. What do you think about that idea? anyone?
Great idea. My problem is finding a shop with "real" suede

1 - 18 of 18 Posts