Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm doing my first valve adjustment and I discovered that most of my valve opener clearances are so tight that I can't get a .001" feeler gauge in. The opener shims themselves rotate freely however. Does this mean they're alright or will I need to replace them?

·
Premium Member
856 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My closers are:

Horizontal
Top .0045
Bottom .001

Vertical
Rear .0095
Front .0085

Also which are the intake valves and which are the exhausts? Sorry I'm new to engine work :confused:

Thanks for the work sheets, I'll start paying better attention to the search function.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Also which are the intake valves and which are the exhausts? Sorry I'm new to engine work :confused:

Thanks for the work sheets, I'll start paying better attention to the search function.

The valves facing the port dictate whether they're intake or exhaust...just follow if it leads to the exhaust or gets fed thru the intake. Hopefully that helps

·
Premium Member
856 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That Desmo times book is very helpful. And yet I still have more questions! Most of my half rings are smashed, and I know that the change the tolerances a little when you but new ones in, is this worth trying to account for? Also can you have a new half ring partnered with an old used one?

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
That Desmo times book is very helpful. And yet I still have more questions! Most of my half rings are smashed, and I know that the change the tolerances a little when you but new ones in, is this worth trying to account for? Also can you have a new half ring partnered with an old used one?

Bevel Heaven has MBP collets; better than stock 1/2 ring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts